zuchini leaves are yellow with white sprinkles

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by hedwig, Oct 25, 2005.

1. hedwig

hedwig Junior Member

I thought zuccini is one of the easiest things to grow, but our
    zuchinis have yellow leaves and a rare white sprinkeled surface on the leaves. Is this a deficiency?

2. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Any Pictures of it ?

Tezza

3. ~Tullymoor~

~Tullymoor~ Junior Member

Hi Hedwig, when I grew zucchinis at my other place the leaves were sprinkled with white too. We had too many zucchinis to eat, so the white didn't affect the fruit. They weren't yellow though, so I can't help with that :?

4. hedwig

hedwig Junior Member

mehldew

I'm not shure if there is mehldew because there are not only white sprinkles, yellow leaves and there is a white surface which has infected my really nie styrian pumkin next. Does garlic spray help?

5. psychochook

psychochook Junior Member

The white sprinkle sounds like mildew to me

This is not going to be of much use to you, but the white sprinkles sound like white mildew to me. Once this starts to develop then there is not much in the way of natural remedies to get rid of it. :(

I used to just ignore it. It would eventually kill the plant, but not until I had harvested heaps of zucchini from it. :) (This white mildew will also spread onto pumpkins). :(

I have since found out that the CSIRO discovered that if you apply a milk spray (1 part milk to 17 parts water) to the leaves it prevents the mildew from appearing. :) This will not treat or remove the mildew once it has started growing. :(

As for the yellow spots, I have no idea what they are about, but I doubt that they relate to the white mildew. :?

6. SueinWA

SueinWA Junior Member

Yellow leaves can mean too much water or not enough nitrogen (probably among other problems).

Sue