You know you're a permaculturist when...

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by baringapark, Dec 26, 2005.

1. baringapark

baringapark Junior Member

...you have left the chook bucket on the kitchen bench too long in the heat and it starts to smell. Upon investigation you notice it is full of writhing maggots. You race out to the chook pen with great delight and while holding your nose tip out the contents laughing and smiling that you have provided you feathered friends with such a treat.

...you become excited by rain-damaged hay, especially those bales which are too hot to place your hand into.

...the death of a chook, while sad, provides an excellent contribution to your compost bin.

2. Cornonthecob

Cornonthecob Junior Member

Sounds like interesting times at your place!

:)

3. SueinWA

SueinWA Junior Member

You're probably a Permaculturist if it feels like Christmas when a wind storm knocks down a big tree onto a farmer's hay barn, and he's willing to DELIVER the spoiled hay to you just to get rid of it. (Happened to a woman I know, but not me - sob!)

Sue

4. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

Yes, done all of the above.

So you mean we really don't need to have volumes and volumes of knowledge on world politics....... Oh stop it!

Tip: Dead chook situation, dig a hole, place dead chook and plant a tree! :D

5. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

You know your a Permie.............When you realise how different you feel about the ...." " Youll know in plenty of time..

Tezza

6. Tamandco

Tamandco Junior Member

Hey Tezza,

You're back!

Gone, back, gone again, BACK AGAIN!

What have you been up to? Have a nice Christmas? It's snowing in the UK!

Tam

7. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Hi Tam How are you...Im well Xmas is xmas,I was in Perth for Xmas ,Things are running smoothly here still...Have been a bit preoccupied just recently,
    Havent been too fussed about anything at all latly..But allways read the posts
    but happy to let others do the responding...
    Is it really snowing in Uk didnt know..My wifes away in Perth has been for a few weeks and could be for a further few months not too sure yet.Life is a bit
    awkward at the momernt.....my garden is comming along well for summer, my garlic is allmost harvestable,i have about 20 young chicks running around here with 2 mothers.my silk worms are just about end of cycle, moths have mated and are laying eggs...My Aquaponic system is up and Running now,but requires a bit of fine tuning still.and will be stocking Yabbies for the initial testing and running in of the system,its a 2 tank system.all its got growing at moment is duck weed. a freind and i are taking joels ideas into our gardens and experimenting with them,its colder down here where we are,and yabbies is a great starter stock ,hopefully itll be fish by next summer,hopefully barramundi will be on the menu,not long after.....

Gee this board sounds different these days where is everyone?..
    I hope that everyone comes back after new year.as It will be a shame to loose our fun attitude we had fostered ,,dribble away to nothing but bad memories.....

Tezza

8. christopher

christopher Junior Member

Tezza,

Wow, you got the aquaponics :wav: up and running?!?!?!?!?! How cool!

I hope your Christmas was good.

Got any photos of your aquaponics system?

C

9. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Hi chris how are ya matey...

yes got aqua going will be adding yabbies by next weekend..will be starting off with Yabbies in tank 1 and koonacks in tank 2 both tanks run together at moment.Yes have taken pics will post soon ,camera is away for a few days with wife in Perth will need to down load onto my computer then hopefully post.......Xmas was quit and composed this year,but more expensive with 3 grand kids and a grandmother who dont mind spending money lolol

Tezza