Worm Farmers on sunshine coast- New to group

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Paul Harrey, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Paul Harrey

Paul Harrey Junior Member

Hi,
    My wife and I are new to the discussion group and keen to learn more about permacultire so we can feed ourselves! We have just started a commercial worm farm here in Glenview and are mad keen to show people around it and discuss worms!

If anyone would like to pop over for a cuppa and a wander round the farm. Or if you are interested in starting a home worm, we can get you started and also help you claim $50 back from the qld govt.

Please give us a call on 07 5439 6349 or email [email protected]

https://www.wormsdownunder.com.au

2. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

g'day paul,

welcome, are you going to be able to supply your worms from online purchases?

len

3. Paul Harrey

Worms on line

Hi Len,
    thanks for your welcome. Yes we are able to supply worms to online purchases. We can also supply worm farms and vermiliquid. In the not too distant future we will also be able to do bulk quantities of vermicast.

Thanks

Paul

4. Sonya

Sonya Junior Member

Hi,

Welcome to the site, maybe you can help with worm problems. I've got a large in ground worm farm, plus a couple of cell farms and I've discovered some strange worms in the large farm. They are grey and slimy and leave a trail like a snail. They break up very easily too. Been wondering if they are good guys or bad guys.

Cheers,
    Sonya

5. gbell

gbell Junior Member

6. Sonya

Sonya Junior Member

that looks like them, Like a shovel head, but without the shovel head. I thought they might be badguys. They shall go the way of the leeches.

Thanks for that,
    Sonya

7. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

g'day sonya,

i can see some abd in them but they do eat slugs and insect larva as well. but how will you manage them? probably may be as many as you find and manage to kill there could be 10 fold under ground somewhere??

len

8. Paul Harrey

Funny looking worms

Hi, I wonder if they are some sort of leech. I had similar things in my beds when I started, particularly after feeding with grass clippings. I kept a tub of dolomite on hand and when I found them, in they went.

It may also be the new zealand flat worm, https://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/flatworm.htm. This is a nasty predator causing all sorts of problems globally. If it is a flat worm issue, get rid of them, they will eat your worms. Use the tub of dolomite trick.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Paul