work on strawbale/farm project in queensland

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by janahn, Feb 6, 2009.

1. janahn

janahn Junior Member

Currently building a strawbale house on 100 acres. half of property is native forest, balance open country under permaculture system development.
    If you have a desire to learn by working hands on, are prepared to rough it, sleep in a tent on verandahs edge, get up at sunrise and finish at sunset, with a 2 hour lunch break, perform a variety of tasks from tending chickens and goats, planting, watering, helping with house construction when needed, in return for food accom and a small wage negotiable, send me a message via this forum. Ideally you should be a non smoker, drug free, who can go without alcohol on farm. If you respond please include a contact phone number so that I may call you personally. Thanks Leo Mahon. Permaculture Design Institute.

2. hollis625

hollis625 New Member

Re: work on strawbale/farm project in queensland

my name David Hollis i would like to be given an opportunity to work on a farm i love the country and it would be the ideal job for me can you please contact me on 0430294170 thank you for your time

3. Shelley K

Shelley K Junior Member

Hi Leo,

My name is Shelley, I'm currently living in Canberra but will be moving to Qld in about 6 weeks. I've done the PDC and am studying part-time corespondance Eco-Agriculture, but I really want to be doing the hands on work,living it and gaining practical experience as well. I've had some experience volunteering on tropical farms and loved the work. You can call me on 0401663170.

Look forward to chatting more about it.

Shelley

4. knighter

knighter Junior Member

hello

my name is ian(34,english) i'm a resident in australia and living/traveling with my girlfrinend tina(31,english) in our converted bus,we are going to take the pdc course in november and look for land after that to set up a small permaculture lodge,.
    we are looking for any experience we can get in permaculture/organic growing before then,i'm a carpenter by trade and have (when not traveling) always worked on general building sites,tina is a midwife but has no problem with manual work.
    tina and i worked on a permacultre project in eastern thailand helping to make cob huts out of mud, straw and coconut husk our job was to make the mud bricks and construct the main hut and put the corigated iron roof on and to build a clay oven which i must say worked out realy well.
    our phone number is 0410713251
    it would be great to hear from you for work or advice.
    ian and tina

5. knighter

knighter Junior Member

thanks for the left message the other day much apreciated, i must add on to our message though we are around queensland for a while and can only start work from sept onwards so if there is any change please let us know.
    thanks again.
    ian and tina