Why I need an income...

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Grahame, Nov 17, 2011.

1. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

@Marc-Antoine, nothing wrong with money... perhaps your right... please direct me to where money can be found in the natural environment and i'll be more inclined to agree with you... because the last i heard money is not from, nor does it exist in nature... its a man made method of exchange...

Would life end if money did or would we learn to adapt... would there be crime without money? would there be greed without money ?

2. macousin

macousin Junior Member

Hi Eric,

True! And so are books, pick-up trucks, planes and symphonies... Think about this, there is a PDC course in Ethiopia soon. Would Bill Mollison's idea have made it to Africa without the existence of a global monetary and trade system?

Sure. Let's imagine for a minute that the monetary system collapses and that people without a farm, can't get any food because nobody will want their worthless money. To feed their family, would you blame them for coming to your farm, ask politely for food, and receiving your refusal, kill you for your potatoes. What I am saying here is that we can definitely build a cosy community without money but if we do not engage the rest of the world, it won't work.

3. MelMel8318

MelMel8318 Junior Member

Hi All,

During WWII in Europe, such a thing did happen. Rich people from the city brought suitcases full of sterling silver to the farms to buy food. They left with suitcases of very expensive potatoes. :)
    In the end, tho, the farms ended up under "state" control to feed the troops and supply the soup kitchens.

4. Wolf_rt

Wolf_rt Junior Member

My missus would kill me for this, but do you actually need insurance?

I mean, if you don't have a day job, whats going to happen to your house or contents?

If you want insurance, buy a big tent.

You may gather I am not a fan of insurance...

Think about this.. what if everybody was FULLY INSURED against ALL misfortune..

This system has a name....

if you invested the money that you spent on insurances annually, say $2000, over 30 years you would recover the cost of building a house...

This means that over there lifetime, most people spend the price of 2 complete houses, insuring the one they have.... hmmm

Either somebody is loosing a lot of cars and houses, or the insurance company are making a lot of money... or people are burning down there McMansions to claim on the insurance or something.