who needs a farm hand/fruit picker/wwoofer?

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by wwoofertobe, Aug 25, 2006.

1. wwoofertobe

wwoofertobe Junior Member

hi, i'm embarking on a loop around the coast of oz in jan/feb, i'm still preparing to go and i thought this would be a good place to post an 'ad' for myself, i don't get online much but i'll be taking offers before i go and when i'm on the road (1 year? 2 years?)

i'm 23, i grew up in sydney doing gardening and bush regeneration for 3-4 years but ive been living in cobargo (near bega, far south coast nsw) since feb this year working on farms, gardening and working at an organic fruit shop
    i'm only interested in strictly organic farms/ properties (don't need to be certified, just aslong as you don't use glyphosate or tyres for pots) i'm interested in organic farming, permaculture and bio-dynamics.

i'm gonna try to be online more frequently to answer any questions you might have

2. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Hiya Woofa...Let me be the first Person To invite to you to visit our place...

I recently 1/2 completed a trip round oz..in febuary this year,and know that their maybe a few who just might be able to help you in some way....

Now.....Im not big enough to offer woofing on a planable way, my Garden is 24 mtrsX 19 mtrs..But i do have a camp site and fire,if you wanna spend a nite,at my place.You maybe a use depening on the season.

clean accomidation is approx 100 mtrs away if you want more :lol: :lol:

Tezza

3. Cornonthecob

Cornonthecob Junior Member

what are you like at weeding and mulching?

:)

4. Sonya

Sonya Junior Member

We are about to register as wwoofer hosts... we have 2.25 acres of organic/permaculture demonstration and teaching gardens... also learning bio dynamics.

Sonya.

5. wwoofertobe

wwoofertobe Junior Member

ok, if you can send me your details i'll most likely contact you all on my way through.

i'm heading off in early march now, one of my best mates is getting married so im gonna stick around syd a little longer.

i'm heading norh 1st so sonya your place sounds great and i'd love to help out and learn a few things up there, and cobbo i've spent many days weeding and mulching, you probably have giant queensland weeds up there ay, whats your place like? tezza i have no idea when i'll be around the south west so i'll hang on til im over that way.

by the way i'm travelling in a tent so accomadation isn't essential