Where's Kimbo?

Discussion in 'General chat' started by 9anda1f, Feb 22, 2013.

1. kimbo.parker

kimbo.parker Junior Member

there is a list of ex's chosen for de-extinction

Tasmanian Tiger chosen for 'de-extinction'

but i've heard zip on what species of the genus Homo they are working on.
    i don't expect they are on the same list, i suspect they would have been on an earlier, more important list.

really,, think about this and see if your bullshitometer doesn't ping.
    it seams likely to me; that public talk about the animals is going to be lagging behind some advanced programs involving the human species'.

here is a nice little acid test; if you were rich and powerful enough to own a diplodocus or a caveman - which would you chose...
    it could be a 'her' ,
    lads?

that's all i wanted to say - when a bit of herd bullshit leaps out of the media and assails me with the group banana - sometimes i just have to say 'did ya see that'?

did ya see this?

Easter Island statue to give hope to Japan tsunami town (AFP)

who is writing this script?...this is my sort of comedy, and i don't find much that is....
    but,
    the Easter Island Award for environmental irresponsibility - complete with genuine Easter Island Statue
    ...that is some quality work by some anonymous misanthropist, i would say 'master' misanthrope.
    and the Herd, apparently missing the joke by a league are running with it.

given that there maybe some Herd reading this; it's only fair to point out, the reason we are laughing is that the Easter Islanders are the Historical epitome of environmental rape and pillage.
    and their statues were part of the destruction -

to give one to Japan as a symbol of hope for the future is ,,,,frankly hilarious....

2. annette

annette Junior Member

Has to be an early April fool's day joke. Can't be real, no way, no how.

3. kimbo.parker

ah, thank god, the voice of reason...

annette, your flabergastation is reassuring.
    but i reckon the tale is kosher...

very understandable in the context of the group blind,,,there are a plethora of these; so many in fact, that some people inevitably draw the conclusions of a) a god or b) a simmed universe....

some thing is definitely taking the piss, and i for one appreciate its sense of humour - however i do
    like to keep some distance between my life and what i observe as a running joke.

the other day, in the news, and therefore within the Herd Mind
    -
    that North Korean tyrant was threatening nuclear war.

in the next article - straight underneath and using the same font and style was an article of equal size covering the frying of a hamster.

The frying of one (1) hamster - a kind of pommy rodent.

it was an in depth article; the english judiciary had the case, barristers, solicitors and other wankers were involved. Agencies, not for profit groups, scientific bodies,,,,experts in forensics and philosophy were there,as was the entire opinion of western media.

and i thought then; "oh that is neat, very subtle....one fried Hamster to contextualise the import of say one nuclear war and the deaths of a few tens of thousands of the human herd.

and i thought; " is any one else getting this??"

4. annette

annette Junior Member

You may be right Kimbo. I think a lot would have thought, "oh lucky Japanese, I do so want one of those for my outdoor entertainment garden area".

This stuff nearly did my head in a couple of years back. It was like living on another planet, you point things out and all you get back is a blank look of "so what?".

So you see a small article on how the fuchishima reactors are without power (this was yesterday) and have 5 days before a meltdown occurs and beside it is some bullshit story about how the fad of tattoes is nearly over and should you or should you not get one. Guess which one was the topic of conversation at the water cooler this morning? Maybe they drink too much flouride?

Serenity now..........serenity now..............

My bullshit tolerance level is very low.

5. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Best not to read the news..... S'all propaganda anyway.

6. kimbo.parker

interesting bit of current affairs

Millions of prawns wash up on Chilean beach

[​IMG] Photo: The prawns have been washing up on a beach south-west of the Chilean capital Santiago. (Reuters: Jose Luis Saavedra)

Millions of small prawns have washed up on beaches in southern Chile in a case which has experts scratching their heads.

this is most un-prawnlike behaviour, i'd expect this of lemmings and humans.
    i bet it is some evolution of the prawn species, and they've found religion.

if you were a prawn, and you saw all the other prawns going one way',,,,and you somehow managed to find the wherewithin to go the opposite way - you'd be choosing survival.

doubtless this truth is defined by some prawn mathematics which only apply within the prawnverse.

according to the news report; the prawns started clumping in massive groups offshore for some days before the mass stranding / suicidal frenzy.

(phew! who else leapt to the thought the bastards had teleported in?)

___________________________________you can't just turn away from this sort of thing when the answers don't come easy, can you?

i feel a moral obligation akin to a duty to at least ask a couple of questions;

a) did they do it deliberately or did they stuff up?

b) assuming that it was not mass deliberate suicide, and it was a stuff up,,,did everyone make the same mistake, did they all get it wrong!?

__________________________________>>>or did just a few and the rest copied.

7. annette

annette Junior Member

8. kimbo.parker

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-03-26/jones-and-geldof-say-business-must-do-good/4596180

great interview lifted off ABC's Lateline;

Bob Geldof ( in full flight )).

this interview is well worth the 5 minutes it takes.

Bob hits the nail squarely on the head.
    There is another guest in the interview - who thinks social media will hold capitalism accountable.

I don't think that is going to happen irrespective of a minuscule occurrence of it over the last few years of the new tech.

Tech is owned by the masters. Tech runs with their intent. Just because some peasants can take a photo with their phone and send it to digital mail boxes does not mean they can fly. The peasant is not transformed by this tech and remains a peasant...albeit a more distracted one....

as now he must service the (debt ongoing) of the tech..

this 'take' of mine - is nothing more distorted than what Sir Rockstar proclaims within this interview ...it is all f*cked and has to change....gotta love the guy.
    f word three times, prime time current affairs, on Auntie....

i reckon it was poignant when Bob said - it might be good in australia, but take a step out into the rest of the world and it is carnage.

'carnage' ?

no wonder i have that stay at home feeling.

9. mouseinthehouse

mouseinthehouse Junior Member

Dear old Bob I could listen to him all day and he looks absolutely terrible as usual but as articulate as ever.
    Thank you so much for the link, it made my day.

I loved the bit of chastisement re the agenda or perceived lack of one of the Occupy Movement with words to the effect of, 'they just said, No! It's all fucked! The whole lot of it. Enough!' Sums things up brilliantly.