Where's Kimbo?

Discussion in 'General chat' started by 9anda1f, Feb 22, 2013.

1. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

All powered by nothing other than his own urine.

2. kimbo.parker

kimbo.parker Junior Member

wizard of oz - sans special efffects.

Hello everyone.. ..

3. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

So did you sell up, or are you still on your patch of permacultured desert?

4. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

It's good to read your voice Kimbo.

5. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

:) :) :)
    I actually made that vulgar blurting sound when I read that ... you know the one where if you were drinking something it would have come out your nose? :) :)

6. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Good morning Mr Parker.
    Lovely weather we're having isn't it?
    :)

7. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Good grief - I forgot to include the dharma of one tap! So ... he does it with his amazing intuition, a rubber keyboard, his own urine & the sacred discipline of the dharma of one tap.

8. kimbo.parker

the trick to being liked, is to be alike...
    my observations indicate that the more unlike one is, the less one will be liked.
    this causes all persons to suppress the unliked, as people have strong hard wiring to be liked for reasons of community.

consider the evolutionary consequences of this - look around you.
    we see the Great Herd comprising a dozen (maybe) sub herds.....you can see the sub herds grouping within National, Cultural and Religious loci.

they are alike and they are liked and the more alike they are the more liked they'll be...QED

once i thought; i could work hard on individuality then take it to the public arena to influence and recruit like minds...the anticipated end would look like escape from the Herd Bind, but with community....ha!

i hope i've made it clear that i believe being part of the Herd - doing the Herd Groupthink, the Herd Blind, the Herd Bind is not a glorious existence by my measure.
    i claim this on the basis that glory must be scarce to be glorious - pulp is not glorious...

I think of one Hindu that comes up with an idea for an annual wash in the Ganges as a religious experience - and i see glory.
    I see millions of the same do copy - and I think Group Think,,,and witness community.
    Ditto all religious pilgrimage which looks to me like a mass copy of maybe one ancient glorious individual act.

I see the world disadvantaged by this trend to Massive Herds.
    By the world i mean everyone and everything - all life.

I despair of the Human Condition that causes copy for community - because I see the challenges to survival coming from Massive Herds doing just that.
    Copy for community, community to provide being liked.

We know that nature has some stuff very 'less than a god with his eye on the ball would provide".
    Like the same eye for mammals and octopi - like an octopus eye is good for mammals and a mammalian eye is good for octopi....it aint! and it would be fkn dumb to suggest otherwise;
    it is nature, god, evolution or even just our DNA overlords settling on a pattern - a one size fits all compromise.

Individuality does not arise out of this patterning. It takes a break in the pattern to provide for it - a mutant if you like.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________

it might appear to an observer that i am liked here - in this thread....but i can assure all that over a period parties have forgotten just how unlike i am, and how unlikeable.
    i don't come here these days because it is a no win situation for me -
    i don't like being unliked - and it is impossible for me to be likeable because i just can not do Herd play.

these days i don't even have the ability for it - can't even fake it.
    a more unlikeable person you would have to look long and hard to find....

and if i fix the likeability i kill the glory i can otherwise eek out of a lonely hard road - travelling way wide of the Herd.

9. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

So does that mean if I come visit alone it would be a sacred pilgrimage, but if I bring eco & 9anda1f & Mark & Tezz & Burra & her donkey it would be a wank?

10. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

But if there's a million of us coming to take a sacred dust bath in your paddock...would that be glory too?

11. kimbo.parker

Surely i can just redefine 'glory' and have community.

redefining glory;

so i can have it whilst being liked and experiencing community.

!! if it is the glory that comes from being the same as the people and community that like you, then it is likely 'their' glory as well....and if you've all got this glory, it suggest to me that it is the kind of glory available at say Target, Ikea, or Walmart....and that it isn't really glorious, lest it be the glory of the Herd and therefore not an individuals province.(?) kind of like a Hive Mentality.(?)

I am a Separatist - I attack the collective - Borg Bastards, that don't like me because I am a Separatist.
    But i'm not just a wanker, a closet shock jock doing good off of doing bad,,,,
    I'm a fkn mutant.
    not proud, not liked, not able to be otherwise, and wouldn't have it any other way, though i repeat, i can't have it any other way.
    (viral meningitis 2 year old:), (iron bar head trauma 21yo) (fractured skull 22yo) (The usual drugs encountered by the enquiring mind)

i feel we need the philosophical Higgs-bosun equivalent to give context.

12. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

It's a dharma.
    A haiku.
    A discipline.
    A ritual.
    A choice.
    A nothing.
    It's axiomatic.
    It's the symbol of the essence of the choice you make to live consciously & intentionally, on your own terms.
    Without compromise.
    It's a triumphant juxtaposition of plainness & control.

13. kimbo.parker

speaking of dust baths...getting a bit of rain are ya? - floods?
    want to talk Permaculture for a bit.

By Design; high in the desert affords the greatest security against floods and bush-fires.
    the climatic challenge is drought, but this can be addressed at a small individual scale not requiring of large social enterprises like flood mitigating dams for lowlands, or deforestation of highlands in temperate areas.

Large scale mitigation of the effects of climate change, for the Herd, by the Herd results in those members reactive to the Herds Outcome - a dis-empowering of the individual presumably for the sake of the social contract. All the psychology of the Herd comes into play - as it, too massive to turn quickly suffers environmental stresses; which elevates the Herd anxiety, such that it starts 'missing the obvious exits', losses are to be expected.

In the desert, we sink a bore and if there is salt, we'll stick a reverse osmosis unit powered by solar - drought threat mitigated.
    climate change addressed - next challenge.

meanwhile - passive solar dwellings with an emphasis on insulation mitigate the element of a rising temperature in a desert environment.
    and
    a totally different take on consumptive practises illustrated (humbly) by my 'first world one tap' methodology.

you know, for years i thought Pemaculture had failed me. Now I can appreciate it as something a retard with one tap can use as an argument.

14. kimbo.parker

you are the Large Hadron Collider

15. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

want to talk Permaculture for a bit.

Nah I'm right thanks. I just come here to talk to you.

16. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

you know, for years i thought Pemaculture had failed me.

Oh ye of little faith Kimbo.
    I don't have to tell you that soppy story about the 2 sets of footprints in the desert do I???

17. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Are you talking to me???
    I'd hate to burst into tears only to find you were addressing the girl over my left shoulder, or worse - Tezza, or something ...

18. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Too late ... one slid down my cheek, so you hafta say you were talking to me now even if you weren't.

19. kimbo.parker

everything we dont know

take the universe....this one will do.
    in it there is dark matter - lots of it - and the Human Collective doesn't know what it is or does.

and given this pretty astounding fundamental - could it possibly be, that there is other stuff the Collective is missing.

i don't accept the premise that what you don't know can't hurt you - how can anyone?
    i observe that there is much in life that is unknown until it hurts you, which suggests that lots of stuff could be hurting you - but does not reach a threshold providing for identification therefore recognition.

I am at this point going to assign a variable; Let 'Weird Purple Light' = one of those unknowns.

now; in the earths journey around the sun, it is at all points of its journey, within a shifting shadow of Sol - Sol is effectively creating this shadow as it occults aspects of open space.

For me; when the earth gets to a point corresponding to March - Weird Purple Light stops raining shit upon me.
    When it gets to a point corresponding to October - Weird Purple Light turns on again.

I speculate; when i die, it will be within Weird Purple Light.

I look to science - denied.

I canvas the Herd - and they are turning into reality tv shows - i swear!...No joy.
    I canvas philosophers and they council - refocus - concentrate on what is and what you can do about it.

I make a tin foil hat.
    and just don't feel empowered by copying the Herds tech.

perhaps if i pray to it; Oh Weird Purple Light that smiteth me from above - WTF do you want?!- amen.

and I just don't feel empowered by copying the herds fix.

so i think, what if the Weird Purple Light is a very personal thing - just for you - then any and all Herd stuff would be totally inappropriate.

and i think; am i being self centred here? could it be that i am but a rats arse and that nothing like Weird Purple Light from above would exist for just one rats arse......or would it?

Unless maybe - its your fkn ancestors!
    and the shit?
    well, could be like when some bastard dacks you in a crowd, it's going to be someone you know right?

20. kimbo.parker

i was talking to you:)