Where to advertise when looking for volunteers for a farm in the south of France?

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by Jackalan, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Jackalan

Jackalan Junior Member

Consider you managed to purchase a medium acre farm (30 acres) with a monoculture orchard and vines already set up, but of course unproductive as previously relied on chemical fertilizers - it's only you and your small family, you can grow vegetables to eat yourselves but you need more people there to work the land.

where would you look to find help? To advertise for people to come and live on the farm, to share the profits and live the dream life?

Thanks for the advice, and I hope this can help others too, who I am sure are in need of helpers.
    Jack

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hi Jackalan,
    Have you looked into the wwoofing websites? https://www.google.com/#safe=off&q=wwoofing
    While wwoofers are usually temporary, they would be a good pool of folks to entice with your sharing program.

3. aroideana

aroideana Junior Member

4. Jackalan

Jackalan Junior Member

Thanks for your suggestions guys

5. Nick Sikorski

Nick Sikorski Junior Member

Hi Jack!

Have just come across your post and I'm interested: I live just outside of Paris and have recently got my PDC from Geoff Lawton's online course and am thinking about how best to get some practical experience. Your project sounds ideal: any chance you could tell me more?

Nick

6. LeeWilde

LeeWilde Junior Member

Hi! have you made any progress with finding volunteers for your farm?
    I have had some success with Helpx for my place in Australia. In fact, if I had more accommodation I could have had much more, because I got more applicants than I had space for. The people I HAVE had stay were all wonderful and very helpful. It's amazing how much more you can get accomplished with extra hands.