Where do You Go On Holidays Or Where would you if able to

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Tezza, Aug 20, 2005.

?

Where do You Go On Holidays Or Where would you if able to

1. Would you prefere Disney Land instead

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Would U visit Permie World

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Where do YOU go for a holiday...
    Me I go camping either the coast or the river n Trees.S.W of west Oz has some very nice forests still living Pemberton or Denmark are very nice.
    My wife being not so Permie as I am ( is anyone like me I wonder).She was spoilt by me one weekend and now refuses to camp anymore(bad Back) so we go looking for Quite peacefullsecluded holiday places with no one or very few persons and no kids lol.Shock horror we like accomadation with a veiw and an outside spa... we treat ourselves 3 a year our birthdays and wedding aniversary only...Wish there was a Club Med for permies somewhere near us
    What do you think?....Even if you dont have time for holidays,where would u go?
    Curious Tezza :D 8)

2. ~Tullymoor~

~Tullymoor~ Junior Member

North west Tasmania, southern Tasmania and Hobart area Tasmania
    Im a Tasmaniac!
    :D :D :D

3. sab

sab Junior Member

I visited Nannup for about 3 months in 1979 and Central Tas (near Sheffield - a place the locals called Lorinna) for about 4 months in 1978. Both nice. We're thinking about biking in Tas.

Kangaroo Island was kind of what pushed me into my "dream lifestyle" being a farm somewhere when I was about 14. I loved it there.

Then there's the Flinders ranges and Mataranka - I don't know what Mataranka is like now - I was there in '64. That was pretty amazing. There's a pretty neat place in the Flinders Ranges called the Blinman Pools.

Lots of places in Aus are great.

Still haven't been to Cairns or Great Barrier Reef though.

4. frosty

frosty Junior Member

our ambition is to join the grey nomads and go north each winter

althought unlike the average GN we dont want to stay in a caravan park

we like stopping somwhere on our own

its got a lot more difficult now I am in a wheelchair ( we used to take a tent and 4WD ) but we have an old bus hubby is working on converting to a motor home and it will have solar power

but it has stalled at present due to major mchanical probs with the bus :cry:

and too many other jobs round here :lol:

frosty

5. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

My ideal holiday would be to just stay home - to not have to leave the property for a number of weeks would be divine! I'd be able to finish the strawbale chook house, get stuck into building a studio with and for my artist partner, complete some flora and fauna surveys, build and install some nest boxes, work on the breached dam wall, plant and potter in the veggie garden to my hearts content, get creative with felting the remainder of last seasons wool, build a solar box cooker...the list is endless :lol: