What has Nature ever done for us?

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by Michaelangelica, Jan 18, 2013.

1. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Can I get a T shirt printed with that on?

2. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

we don't need it printed for show on a 'T' shirt, the ethics we live by contain, loving our brothers(means sisters) not sibling but the wide community, no walking billboards needed people need to live by teh standard already in place.

6. Thou shalt not kill.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.

8. Thou shalt not steal.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s house, thou shalt not covet thy
    neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor
    his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor’s.

the 10th is being inverted by a religious domination. clearly seen here in the forum loving each other as ourselves is already inverted and accepted.

spoke to a new neighbour to us yesterday, sad to say no! they do not believe the climate change furphy, an admission without prompting, ad for those who worship corrupt statistics on living costs more sad new for you, by their calculation since the carbon furphy their food bill up by around 25%, so for those who live in areas where food prices have not changed we say blessings to you, as you are very fortunate indeed. and common sense would tell critics that if food had only increases by around 3% we would not ever notice now! would we? unless you of course judge us by your merits. after all we have nothing to gain by in the words of others telling a falsehood got nothing to sell. and the best or worst thing a price on carbon will make the rich richer and the poor poorer as will prices on trees etc.,.

thank you grahame(spelling) for you supporting words.

judge not your fellow man when you don't know their fruits, and is it to late to ask we live in peace, tollerence and respect of each other.

len

3. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

G'gay Len

That's nice, I'm glad you have found a new friend.

Take care up there, and let's hope that the monsoonal activity in the far north soon brings us all some rain.

Cheerio, Markos

4. gardenlen

just to clear it a bit he and his wife are one of many have met in our neighbourhood, and so far none believe the carbon issue, good hey?

mm rain yes that will definitely help it does not appear on our horizon as yet.

always nice to meet with good down to earth people.

len

5. Ludi

Ludi Junior Member

100% agree. :)

6. ecodharmamark

G'day Len

Great! Perhaps you can all get together, form a co-op, buy your groceries in bulk, and see if you can't find some cost savings this way?

Cheerio, Markos

7. gardenlen

what so others can live on in a dream time and neglect their fellow man?

why should anyone be put out to keep others dreams and aspirations alive? that's akin to a gag order of ethics

in grahame's message yes he says it, but that is why permaculture ahs no relevancy in teh broader community, our new neighbour has no idea what permaculture is or ever heard of it, he may now have some insight from our web page, permacuture had gone to wealth worship and completely missed the grass roots level of society whom they seem to support the blaming of them for the higher echelon excesses.

sorry we will stick to our meaningful around 6K old written ethics, they are the truth to us. i know i may get chastised by those above? but look at the strife around the world in the mid' east and africa and into asia, i don't see GOD's people involved in causing the divisions, i don't see any of GOD's people causing any strife.

yes why should grass roots people go out of their way to cover those who believe untruths in statistics.

take care mark

len

8. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Party on Grahame. :)

9. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

Northern Island?
    Twin towers NY?
    Paedophilia?
    Westboro Baptist Church?
    Israel?
    Syria?
    Religious wars?

10. gardenlen

michael your knowledge wisdom is showing very naive indeed explains why i am largely misunderstood here in the forum.

sadly michael i say that none of those names are true believers in the GOD i know, there is a somewaht loose connection that clouds the minds of teh athiest and secular one's. paedophilia just shows how far from GOD that teh apostate church is, disgusting hey? if i was a member of such a worship i would never return to put more money in their plates.

you have given me some names to research to broaden my knowledge of satan's conquests.

i will itterate there are none of us who are GOD's people causing anyone anywhere any strife, we're not nor are those we personally know.

so please stop judging us with the others. what people do in god's name is their transgression, called blasphemy.

religion is not the true worship of GOD, our creator.

you are no doubt very intelligent by world standard but not very wise. in secularism wisdom is not passed from father to son or old men to young men, big loss to our society hey?

take care dare i say and GOD bless

no doubt as per normal this will be labelled incoherent.

the link you provided actually explains what i am saying, can i itterate the wiki pedia? muslim; jew; protestants & some backed by roman mythology.

oh! back again just checked teh baptist thing, nope we hate no one GOD teaches us to love all as ourselves, friends, enemies family the whole kit and cabootle, lot of very good people out there involved in where they may believe truth is.

len

11. Michaelangelica

How did I know you would say that ?
    There are good people who are religious and there are evil people who are religious
    IMHO Religion does not, per se give you any ethical or moral superiority over say an atheist

12. gardenlen

yes michael i said there are good people out there they have to be sure of their path and by your admission some of the religions harbor evil, but again we have nothing to do with the religions you base your biases on, we in our family make no superiority claim over anyone but those that appear to be among the secular athiest/agnostic trend certainly do make superiority claims, as i can see.

at this stage i would be thinking you really don't get it, but that may be the fruits of your choosing

whether our ethics are more humane i think that shows glaringly in a lot of chat here and other forums, we are humanitarians first and foremost our creed demands that, we are not the ones wanting to extract a price from the poor for the excesses of the wealthy.

we don't need to invert or need inverted ethics to fit our lives.

we are no ones enemy. but we will be shown that way, and people like yourself maybe will get involved?

anyhow my blessing still carries.

len

13. Michaelangelica

Thank you len
    and thanks for taking more care with the logic of your posts

You may be interested in this article in today's SMH re new discrimination legislation
    Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/poli...ll-churches-20130120-2d13c.html#ixzz2IawXiTn2

14. gardenlen

dunno what you mean by the logic of my posts?

i have no desire to upset any people or persons.

as we don't discriminate then we need no laws to apply to us on those lines.

not sure where your quote about christian churches comes from, but in reality the term christian gets applied broadly

len

15. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    warm temperate - some frost - changing every year
    MA - you will find a fence in Mandala Town. Come and have a sit on your next visit! Actually it is more of a gate if I remember right a climate gate but it serves me well for cooling my heals.

16. Michaelangelica

Thanks PP, but I find bashing my head against the nearest brick wall quite soothing

17. Michaelangelica

WHETHER in Davos or almost anywhere else that leaders are discussing the world’s problems, they are missing by far the biggest issue: the rapidly deteriorating global environment and its ability to support civilization.

The situation is pretty much an endgame. Unless pressing issues of the biology of the planet and of climate change generated by greenhouse gas emissions are addressed with immediacy and at appropriate scale, the matters that occupy Davos discussions will be seen in retrospect as largely irrelevant.
    This week, in Bonn, out of sight and out of mind, international negotiators will design the biodiversity and ecosystem equivalent to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. A full eight years have passed since President Jacques Chirac of France acted as host at a meeting in Paris to create this “Intergovernmental Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services.”

Progress has been painfully slow. Only now is the “platform” and its work program — to assess status, trends and possible solutions — being designed. In the meantime, rates of extinction and endangerment of species have soared. Ecosystem destruction is massive and accelerating. Institutional responsiveness seems lethargic to a reptilian degree.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/22/opinion/global/the-climate-change-endgame.html?_r=0

18. Earth's Internet

Earth's Internet Junior Member

Very nice article Michael , thanks a lot.

19. ecodharmamark

G'day All

The following is an excerpt from Obama's Second Term Inauguration Speech (my emphasis in bold):

We, the people, still believe that our obligations as Americans are not just to ourselves, but to all posterity. We will respond to the threat of climate change, knowing that the failure to do so would betray our children and future generations. (Applause.) Some may still deny the overwhelming judgment of science, but none can avoid the devastating impact of raging fires and crippling drought and more powerful storms.

The path towards sustainable energy sources will be long and sometimes difficult. But America cannot resist this transition, we must lead it. We cannot cede to other nations the technology that will power new jobs and new industries, we must claim its promise. That’s how we will maintain our economic vitality and our national treasure -- our forests and waterways, our crop lands and snow-capped peaks. That is how we will preserve our planet, commanded to our care by God. That’s what will lend meaning to the creed our fathers once declared.

Cheerio, Markos

20. gardenlen

yes michael all good rhetoric,

lots of high ranked people on what one would hope is not a giant junket.

there appears to be collaboration with the grass roots of all societies, having someone make rules and regulations won't work, changing people is the way to go, but how do you stop the high end of town from reeking their destruction for power and wealth.

we don't want banter we want action and the best action replant the habitat, stop the destruction of anymore habitat, stop the high consumer trends created by those who wish to manipulate.

where we live the state gov' owned it on behalf of all qlder's, then sold it then bought it back then sold it again, this time not virgin scrub country but clear felled and planted with radiata pines, those pines largely still stand, when land owners are ready to build the trees aren't sought after for wood chip or other no they get pushed over and burnt. that where any repair needs to start, instead of creating new pine plantations make use of trees already growing for the past 30 years. create areas of habitat parks within the estate even i that means buying back land. if the estate (large dunno how but?) ever gets fully populated there will be no natural habitat for wildlife. it should have never ever been sold. but sure as certain 2 WRONGS will not A RIGHT make.(cap's for emphasis).

lets see something meaningful, scarce money should not be wasted on endless meetings. some bloke on TV the other night bragging about having planted some 60K of trees, big cheers and applause but as he pointed out they where production plantations nothing for the habitat.

len