Water Tanks

Discussion in 'General chat' started by CoastalKev, Nov 23, 2007.

1. CoastalKev

CoastalKev Junior Member

My wife is urging me to buy a water tank to suppliment our town water supply.In Gosford we can't use town water outside any more not even in watering cans.Makes it real hard to water our fruit trees,wash car,etc,which we had all come to expect when living on the coast.The cost of water tanks have risen so much over the last couple of years because of supply and demand and greed.Does anybody know of where I can buy a tank of say 3000L for under $1000 ? Many thanks.

2. ave a go

ave a go Junior Member

Water Tanks

Hi Kev,

You can get them for around that price. Here is one that I found https://www.irrigationwarehouse.com.au/prod4.htm which is a 3,000L for just $1,018.

I am looking at getting our first tank (we are in western sydney), but don't think that 3,000L capacity will really be enough. As with most things the bigger you buy the cheaper the cost becomes. Just using the above site as a guide you are really paying the following:

Tank Size / Price / Approx Cosr per 1000L Capacity
    3000L / $1,018 / $340
    10,500L / $2,081 / $200
    22,500L / $3,371 / $150

Not sure about installation costs, but would make the assumption that it could almost the same to install a 3000L tank as a 10,000L etc. Maybe someone else could shed some light on this?

Think the best idea is to get biggest tank you can afford &/or fit. Just my thoughts.

Cheers,
    Ave a Go