watch this video, If Slaughter Houses had Glass Walls Everyone Would Be Vegetarian!

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by Nickolas, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Nickolas

Nickolas Junior Member

[​IMG]

I would like you all to watch this video with Sir Paul McCartney and tell me what you think please(that is if you can even watch the whole video without stopping it)it gets me so upset every time i watch it). I first saw this video on a website called meat.org(here is the link to meat.org: https://www.meat.org/)

[video=youtube;fXSzIhFlz6U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXSzIhFlz6U&feature=colike[/video]

[​IMG]

p.s. this video is hear for all the members and visitors of this forum that still eat meat and that dont want to ever stop eating meat, i hope this video changes your mind to a meat free diet.

2. FREE Permaculture

FREE Permaculture Junior Member

ahh yuk!
    this is the reason everyone should grow and butcher their own animals.
    ensuring your cow, pigs, chooks ect live a happy life and killed humanely.
    there's nothing like fresh pork that you've hand fed with beautiful organic vegies.
    or a rooster that's been corn fed, yellow and so yummy.

3. pebble

pebble Junior Member

Climate:
    Inland maritime/hot/dry/frosty
    If I could be bothered I would post something about Joel Salatin's open walled abattoir. But Nicholas appears to be spamming the forum with anti-meat propaganda so there's probably not much point in saying anything.

4. annette

annette Junior Member

Cruelty to animals should be prosecuted with the full force of the law. It is disrespectful to living creatures and just cruel to treat them in the way portrayed by this film. No food manufacturer should be allowed to get away with this sort of treatment. Whether it be fines, close them down, or education, there is no excuse. Having said that, I agree with Free. If we want to eat animals, they should have a nice life being allowed to do what animals do. Respect them, be grateful for them, treat them well and honour them by using every part of them that can be possibly used. If you have ever watched the series, "River Cottage", it shows how this can be done. Every animal has intelligence, even squid. Do plants have some sort of intelligence? I sort of think they do. In the end we do what we do with our own consciousness and how that sits with us. Education is the key. Let's all work towards a humane world in regards to all living things.

5. springtide

springtide Junior Member

Hey, squid and octopi are smarter than cows!
    Anyone can trawl the net and find disturbing footage on a whole range of topics from egg farms, to sweat shops and retirement homes, there are people all over the world right now making an easy buck, it's what we do ourselves that sets us apart. I grew up with our own sheep butchered in our own garage on the spit for new years eve and it might have been a bit worrying seeing all this happen at 10 years old - but i remember it being a bit amazing watching lambs being born growing up, some being sold and some on the spit and deep freezer. It's a cycle of sorts and makes me greatful for the gifts and opportunities i have - we are all mortal.
    Meat is a small part of my life, we try to get it from local (ish) and respectable sources and as a bonus it is quite tasty.

...And if any of my vegetarian cousins read this (the ferntree gully ones) ditch the leather shoes!!! it's hypocritical and makes you look silly.

6. FREE Permaculture

haha! :clap:

7. pebble

pebble Junior Member

Climate:
    Inland maritime/hot/dry/frosty
    Not if they're vege for health reasons.

8. FREE Permaculture

can find a downer for every subject in the world pebbles.

9. Finchj

Finchj Junior Member

That video makes me want to buy animal products that have been raised and slaughtered in a different way.

On the front page of PRI is a 30 minute documentary on the American Dust Bowl. Should I start a thread saying, "If everyone could watch this film, no one would ever attempt to grow plants again!"?

Nickolas, it would be nice if you would participate in other threads rather than spamming the forum with less-than-nuanced "vegetarian propaganda."

10. springtide

springtide Junior Member

Alas pebble, they like the lambies and prada handbags.