volunteers required

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by IntensiveGardener, May 15, 2007.

1. IntensiveGardener

IntensiveGardener Junior Member

Volunteers are required to help me develop my 3 acre mini farm. I am in central victoria approximately 20 minutes drive from daylesford.
    The project focuses on sustainability and maximizing food production. I use a combination of the bio-intensive method and less intensive organic horticulture. The goal is to establish a CSA farm providing food to as many local families and individuals as possible.
    I have access to almost unlimited resources in terms of land, seed, fertilizer, manure and organic matter but lack the required labour time, (i already work on it about 10 hours per day!)

Activities include compost making, weeding, harvesting, raising seedlings, and soil preparation.
    I will trade seasonal vegies and training for help. there is also a small amount of paid work available for anyone who is really keen to learn and participate and shows themself to be a capable volunteer.

accomadation is not available and locals would be prefered to travelers.
    cheers, I.G