Village for sale

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by Mike_E_from_NZ, Feb 19, 2006.

1. bazman

bazman Junior Member

I don't know how anyone could take you seriously Murray... With that green hair and that big red nose :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just planted a nice big green manure crop and have finger nails filled with compost, what a fine way to finish a day.

2. murray

murray Junior Member

3. Jez

Jez Junior Member

You're taking what I said totally out of context Murray. Sue and I get along fine as far as I'm aware, I went to great pains to point out that good people are often misled just so nobody would make the leap you did anyway. If a person has a commonly held opinion which is factually incorrect, they have obviously been misled.

To politely point out so is hardly accusing anyone of anything, nor did I say Sue was not open minded - I said the opposite.

I've been misled about thousand of things Murray...I'm sure you have too. It's not like there's any great shame in it...8)

Is it ok to say that people who believed ads in Life Magazine which promoted smoking as healthy were misled? Is there a time limit on such things? Or is it the subject matter which counts? Is it ok to argue here that people who believe in mass agriculture propped up by dwindling fossil fuel reserves, and who believe this system will continue indefinitely, have been misled?

One might argue, as in the case above, that this site should be partly about showing people they have been misled on some of their commonly held opinions and then discussing these things...perhaps you see it differently?

There's hardly been anyone here from what I've seen...I'd have thought the odd bit of conflict with 100 posts a day was preferable to no conflict at all and 2-3 posts a day...but hey, again, perhaps we see this differently also... :D

FWIW, I think the more the merrier...it's been sad to see this place so quiet. Miscommunication is inevitable in this media we're using...I saw a study the other day which suggested more than 50% of emails are interpreted at least partially incorrectly by the recipient...what hope does an online forum stand of having zero conflict when you consider the high volume of exchanges? A perfect example is your above quote...you probably don't mean it to sound as...how shall I put this...*bad*...as it reads...but I'm sure it has been interpreted that way by at least some people who have read it...

I agree with you about political contributions...but I think we'd more than likely just regress to an earlier form of election manipulation...thuggery, coercion, deception...no better really. Take away the cash and people will still do anything for the power...arguably the cash method is less destructive to society.

I believe people need to recognise the futility of fighting against the wider system head on (or compromising with it for that matter), and instead go around it by forming smaller societies based on better common values. Some forms of an eco-village type setup is a perfect example. Environmental organisations could have built 10,000 eco-village/Tagari type setups all over the world by now with the donations they've taken. It's arguably a method which will produce radically better results in the long term than holding conferences, paying to solicit more donations, printing stickers and badges and fighting often totally futile battles. Don't get me wrong, many of these battles are absolutely worthy causes, but expensive for the level of real success due to the methods used.

See there I go again, having opinions and no doubt offending someone...'tis inevitable... :lol:

4. FREE Permaculture

FREE Permaculture Junior Member

G'day There, ok sorry i made a mistake ok no problem.
    I have a some fun but maybe you dont see me larf ok
    sorry i will tone it doewn.
    sorry bazman, my friend, you funny but i makde you sad.

5. christopher

christopher Junior Member

Murray,

This Habenero fellow is someone pretending to be stupid. Period. The syntax of the sentences is too disjointed to be accidental, and, as Forest pointed out, the punctuation is better than the spelling, not English as second language, more like stupid as a second language... I suspect he is one of the trolls who came here and sucked the life out of the site previously.

We all watched three people chase everyone away, and, except for one who left after a little "goodby" tiff, the others left when the pot of shinola was empty and there was no shinola left to stir.

If they aren't into permaculture, if they think SUVs are great, and that anyone who thinks they aren't is "jealouse", or if they think Round Up is "safe as sea salt", they are in the wrong place. If they then pick fights with people, just get rid of them.

The hostility here a few months back, after the halcyon days of last September, when this place had a hundred posts a night, when there were 50-60 people on line at once, when the community was dynamic and flowing, was sapped by these three malignant trolls, sad people who thrive on confrontation (and I KNOW I rose to the bait too many times...), and they made the place mean, and emptied this place, and all the good vibes of that dynamic commnity, which was a revelation to me, that place and time... dissipated in the wind as people moved on. The Fluff thread, a wonderful symptom of the warmth here, is dead. Someone may reopen it by posting there, but all of those people are gone, and they took a lot from this place.

There has been more activity here, recently, recovering from the mass exodus of November/December, even before the other site was down. I love and enjoy the other site, too, just as I did this site. I still enjoy this site, but many of the people I liked are gone, and they wouldn't have gone either, if this place hadn't been dominated by a small cadre of mean spirited knuckleheads, some blowhards, Monsanto fan club members and real fruitcakes.

As it is now, I go to both sites, post here and there, but a lot of that good vibe here upped and moved over there... and it is a dynamic grwoing community...

If this habanero guy behaves poorly, dump him, like should have happened with that prick who promoted Monsanto so heavily and contributed next to zero, which set the stage for blowhards and fruitcakes who ultimately left after they bled this place close to dry.

Now, this place changes all the time. Practically none of the people active when it started are still here.... but a lot of people bailed over the behaviour of three people.

If this site is ever going to regain its dynamic flow, like that magical time when this place was hopping, moving.... etc, you have got to police the trolls, dump 'em, ban 'em, muzzle them. BTW, IMO, Habanero sounds like someone who used to be here under another name...

Thanks for stepping up and dealing with him enough to get some contriteness from him...

Best,

C

6. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

I did follow this thread but didnt reply mainly due to finding the story really depressing.

Here is an american quote:
    My point for using this quote is not about the 'USA' or 'money' or 'conquering' per se but to show the ever increasing disenfranchising of the individual that seems to be a worldwide trend that has really gathered speed since 1980. Capital seems to be being sucked out of rural & agrarian communities and invested in suburbs, often in foreign cities. This is a dangerous state of affairs.

Here comes a big generalisation.

Our rural people do more than produce food and weekend retreats for city folk. They maintain our aussie accents, virtues, the bush, they keep our folklore and culture alive. They maintain the contact with the land that has nurtured us hundreds of years, in the case of the traditional aboriginal people for literally thousands of years.

I really do think we are well overdue for permaculture politicians.

7. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Just found this by accident really ,looking for another persons posts

Funny how harbona or is this hairbrained is still her typing there pathetic insults and other bucket loads of crap..

I thought we agreed that dick heads,persistent flamers,drop kicks etc etc etc etc get the boot funny how hair brained becomens ben,and now free permaculture..maybe like chris said hes the roundup king from previous posts....

Heck anyone can come on the board as anyone name or nik name..
    Evehn i tried with a few name changes. So much or that fooling anyone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Like someone said last week lets do away with nik names or non da plumes etc...we get to see/hear enough lies from the pollies without posters on here as well

Terry,Tezza Terence at least there all my names