Using the cracked egg

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Grahame, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

Every now an then you go to collect your eggs and through carelessness, thin shell, or what ever one or more cracks. Right? And you don't just want to toss it out...

So tonight I'm home alone for dinner, I cracked one of the eggs and now I'm contemplating dinner. I ate eggs on toast with mushrooms in butter and garlic sauce last night last, so I don't fancy fried eggs again. We still don't have an oven so baking a cake is out. So I'm after suggestions for using the cracked egg.

When it happens to you, is it a matter of 'OK, eggs it is tonight then!'. Clearly the universe is telling us something. What do you usually do with your cracked egg?

Grahame

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    If they're not too badly cracked I like to hard boil them ... can be sliced on the side of a salad, mixed into casseroles (especially tuna casserole), mixed with a little mayo for egg salad sandwich, deviled eggs, or just eaten whole with a little salt!

3. mischief

mischief Senior Member

s/e
    Climate:
    Cool mountain
    Sounds like the thing to have for breakfast the next morning or the day after.
    Its not going to go off over night.

4. sun burn

sun burn Junior Member

YOu can always turn it into a simple omelette and use it later in fried rice perhaps. Feed it to the dog if you don't want to cook it. You could make an egg nog.

5. meher

meher Junior Member

hmmmm yeah previously when we used to gave chickens, we too ocassionally had a cracked egg.. so wat my mom used to do that she used to boil em and make us mashed egg sandwiches