UN sanctions /N.Korea

Discussion in 'General chat' started by kimbo.parker, Mar 6, 2013.

1. kimbo.parker

kimbo.parker Junior Member

New U.N. steps to ban sale of yachts, racing cars to North Korea (Reuters)

well that's just gotta hurt!
    huh?

do you see these aristocrats sharing in collective glee at the prospect that their peers in N. Korea just won't be able to get along without yachts and racing cars.
    they'll move to ban fine art next - and boy won't that show them we mean business.

it is a ridiculous dance - not even remotely credible - these privileged don't even have the smarts to fake it......

but the truly mind boggling bit - is the Herd don't seem to mind; perhaps they enjoy the dance.
    maybe they see it as parody? maybe it really is terribly smart and i have it wrong.

but if that is how the thing really is - if that is how you control rogue states - then this is a frgn disaster for ocean cruising and international motor sports -

2. annette

annette Junior Member

It's payback for Rodman saying Kim was just a little cuddly. He had his basketball game now let's take his toys off him.

They are completely off their rockers. An unelected mob of pyschopathic elites only interested in protecting themselves and their mates and I got a bigger one than you.

If they really want peace they should break pussy riot out of jail and send them on a concert tour of the peoples republic.............

3. mouseinthehouse

mouseinthehouse Junior Member

In 2011, the expert panel reported that Italy foiled an attempt by North Korea to import high quality U.S.-made tap dancing shoes valued at almost $200 (132 pounds) a pair. Italy determined that the tap shoes were a luxury item, the panel said

You couldn't make this stuff up...lol.

4. Unmutual

Unmutual Junior Member

I briefly heard something about the UN and sanctions against N. Korea this morning. Something about N. Korea is breaking UN rules so it needs to be punished(my words, not theirs). Is N. Korea part of the UN? If not, why does N. Korea have to follow UN rules? Looking over the UN member states, I don't even see S. Korea as a member. I still don't see how countries with nukes can tell another country that it can't have them(not that I like nukes, but I also dislike hypocrisy, even when I do it). This all seems a bit cheeky and rude to me. Also, doesn't isolation increase paranoia?

5. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Because there are sanctions that the UN has placed on N Korea to try to pull it into line and those sanctions come with promises of action if they are broken.

It is cheeky and rude, but I'm more worried about a crazy dude like Kim pressing the big red button than I am about the Americans. It would appear that there are more checks and balances in the US to stop a loony starting a global nuclear sh!t fight than there is in Korea - who seem intent on poking at the hornets nest!

But then - I'm also only seeing how the mainstream media report on this and there may be a strong propaganda element to the story I'm being fed....

6. kimbo.parker

what does game theory suggest on the conundrum?

in Poker - the player would be observed to have staked their whole wad on the hand.
    and you'd take the bet higher than they could go, push them to fold, coz they can no longer play.

I read of a guy that had a 'game' of Sim Civ running for 10 years.
    many civilisations had come and gone...the world was reduced to 3 civs all engaged in ferocious war...the evolution of the world had settled on 3 powers that survived by nuking first.

not just first, but frequently....such that the world was a total wasteland.
    territory remained important - without territory, there were not the resources to bomb....and though life was hell for the sims, life was still life.

From a Permaculture Design Perspective - i suggest a southern aspect might help...way south.
    then again - the capacity for the correolis effect to spin off fallout makes an equatorial location most fortuitous.

it is all probably just propaganda - and there is not some deranged tyrant with a bad haircut and his finger on the button.
    propaganda - by whom, for what reason?

if i take it as red, that its propaganda - then it opens up a maze of enquirey involving perhaps many different parties....
    employing Occam's Razor - results in the spin being the likely truth.
    one bad monkey, dam we see it all the time.

:n:

7. annette

annette Junior Member

Yes well it looks like they are really pissed off about the yachts and cars. There is also a crackdown on financial transactions. Threats to nuke Washington, called off the armistice with South Korea...................not good.

8. kimbo.parker

i'll see your propaganda and raise you one destroyer

i'll see your destroyer with the fifth biggest army in the world and raise enrichment capacity for maximum bomb production...

the suspense is pissing me off,,,
    if they'd just hit that yank destroyer it would be game on.

it gets irritating if this is just posturing by deranged meglamaniacs.

on a positive note; the yanks seem just so laid back about it all - its as if they fully expect any missile that the north shoots off to go up then mysteriously lose control and hit Pyongyang....then blame anonymous for a stuxnet like thing.

i've consulted 'the art of war'- nothing but some mutterings about mice and dragons.

i've considered the ethics of letting every maniac have nukes - in the interest of a fair go, and simple self preservation insists it is a bad idea.

so just what are we waiting for - is this going to go away?
    would i rather be older when it culminates?

no - i don't want it to be the kids problem...
    they're going to have enough on their plates.

9. annette

annette Junior Member

A monarchial, communist, militaristic, heartless, communist regime with a spoilt, general fearing, egotistical school boy in charge. What's there to worry about? The world's leaders are insane and psychopathic Kimbo. No rational thought can impinge upon it.

You cannot interrogate or understand insanity. Who would intentionally antagonise a nutcase? Someone who wants to have the biggest penis that's who. I'll see your scud missile and raise you a stealth bomber. Time to check out ways of being peaceful inside and crossing your fingers.

10. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

ah! annette,

don't blame the boy he is only a puppet, with faceless people(for want of a better word) pulling his strings.

sounds like a lot of postulating going on eg.,. mines bigger than yours. also makes for a great red herring, keep peoples minds off other things.

len

11. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

It's all just another symptom of the same disease.

12. gardenlen

yep grahame,

the same greatly unrecognised/denied by the majority disease! no moral ethics just secular free agent-ism. so raping the environment/habitat and rampant consumerism run abated.

no end to the suffering

sorry added in!! for those here who believe i am a TV aholic, heard a couple days ago on on of teh news service not 7/0 0r 9 that some tertiary person was upset that secularism has not worked get a life i say, it was never meant to do anything but divide us and hold true to materialism.

len

13. kimbo.parker

now this is novel...NSW, is the new Tasmania

900 people in NSW put super glue in their eyes. (ref Sydney Morning Herald)

so i'm thinking NSW 900 rest of the world Nil.
    _______

and supposedly they did it by mistake.
    _______

there is something weird in these stats - its what they don't say that are fully as alarming as what they do say.

lets start with - OK NSW, how many put it in their ears?, How many thought it was nose drops and put it in their nose?

did anyone glue their arse shut?

and so on.

by the time you've done the maths...you get all these statistical anomalies jumping out at you.

like wtf is it with NSW and super glue?
    does the government have some scheme?

who am i to question the ways of the world - pass the super glue.

14. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Senior Member

are you suggesting mono culture is the answer ?

15. gardenlen

you say that like it is something abhorrent grasshopper? no i was only thinking in better times our culture had better standards. so what is your fix in the secular way which has no basis of a standard nothing you can point to when others move to our country?

secularism has delivered i think that is division in our society, this allows the manipulators and environmental rapist open slather, the only unity in aus' is what sport people follow, and they could care about anything else, like i say no moral ethic's well really lets be honest no ethics at all only the ethic of self first.

take care

len

16. mouseinthehouse

mouseinthehouse Junior Member

kimbo.parker hows about I just give you my email and you can send me your 'thought for the day' because you really brighten up my world with your random ramblings. *insert slightly crazed smiley face here*

17. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

I'm with you MITH. I'd even pay for the service!
    Just don't sniff it Kimbo - it'll give you a headache.

18. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Well, as a Yank, we are passive about it, and laughed heartily about it last night. :rofl: Well at least I did since that is how I deal with stress usually. I loved the photoshopped amphibious army of N Korea.

Not to mention, this came on shortly later.

We are at War with North Korea. Followed by We are at War with North Korea Part 2 :think:

19. kimbo.parker

luck ! luck !??

North Korea seen moving missile after it declares it has given approval for a nuclear attack on the United States

article from Perth Now. (news.com)

(cut to the important bit);)

"With the world on alert, experts say North Korea does potentially have the capability of hitting Australia with a missile - but only if they're very lucky."

sweet jeezies in shorts!this is the firsti've heard luck bought into the discussion.

and this lucky strike; what direction would it be coming from ( not counting 'up' )....is Qld closer than say Perth?....is it safer and more lucky if you live south of the 26th parallel?

i'm glad you are feeling relaxed Pak...
    the suspense is pissing me off.
    pass me the button which says " fix problem now ".

luck?....luck?!
    i usually like a little bit more control than the luck of the day provides; I'm intrigued that Australia can wing it on luck....

when every one was discussing sanctions - i said noodles but nup, they went with luxury cars.

(as an aside; a western rosella just flew in the window and did bird panic on my computer desk)

bird sign for sure?

anyway; i bet the US isn't going on luck - they have made certain preps....
    i wonder what the RAAF has in the event that someone lets them know a missile just came over the horizon.

do we have anything that can intercept a missile? - hahaha we can't even intercept broken down boats so a missile might be a bit beyond us.

might be time to bring in the eggs

20. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

In terms of DPRK missile (existing and proposed) capability, don't sweat it, Kimbo. According to these graphics, you are pretty safe where you are.