Twin heifers!

Discussion in 'Breeding, Raising, Feeding and Caring for Animals' started by helenlee, May 13, 2012.

1. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

One of my Jersey cows - Charm (aka Paris) gave birth to twin heifers this afternoon (Mothers Day!). I just had to tell someone - so you guys are it :)
    I am so delighted & so grateful. So far Mother & babies are all well.
    Blessings to all.
    Helen

2. Adam

Adam Junior Member

Awesome! Are they full-blooded Jerseys or a mix? Jerseys are my favorite cow, I am jealous. I hope they both stay in good health. Once they start romping around, post a picture or two for us to see.

3. hardworkinghippy

hardworkinghippy Junior Member

Yes please Helen !

What a joy, let's hope they both do well.

4. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

They are registered jerseys.
    I tried to post a photo last night. I can't figure out how to do it. Again. Fail. :(

5. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

6. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Hi Helenlee - long time no talk - lovely to have you back on board. Congrats on being a cow-aunt.

7. Ludi

Ludi Junior Member

Beautiful!

8. hardworkinghippy

Lovely Helen !

You can't share the pic here because it says in Flickr "The owner has disabled downloading of their photos" but thanks for the link.

9. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

Hi Eco ... nice to be here & nice to see you again too :)

I'm trying to figure out this photo thing. I did it before in the fox skinning thread so I know it's possible. I'm following the instructions but I don't seem to be seeing what the instructions tell me will happen. Maybe it's a Mac thing?
    Mum & the babies enjoyed their first day sleeping in the lovely autumn sunshine in the paddock way up the gully that's way up the valley that's in the middle of nowhere. :) Happy Happy :)

10. hardworkinghippy

Helen, when you right click the mouse you normally then click on the address of the image and post it in the forum using the little photo frame above the posting box but in Flickr if you disable that function then you can't post your photos straight into the forum.

11. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

I have a Macbook Pro ... there is no mouse ... & as far as I know there is no right or left click. I may be wrong about that - me having a Macbook Pro is about as sensible as me having a Maserati ... I have Flinstones era ability to operate just about anything. I only bought it in the hope it would encourage the kids to come visit me. It didn't. Looser.)
    I need to remember how to do this! I wanna post photos ... the calves are just TWO CUTE. Ha ha.
    And I found a great photo for the dude who is looking for the cheapest possible housing & Eco suggested he put cob over his donga. That sounds a bit sus doesn't it? ... OK ... Eco suggested he cover the outside of his demountable building with cob mixture :)

12. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

13. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

I did it!!!!
    It's the lowest quality & smallest size.
    It wouldn't let me upload anything else :(

14. S.O.P

S.O.P Moderator

Those cows are amazing! They are like the size of ants!! How did you breed them so small?

Forum attachments always have pretty restrictive size requirements due to bandwidth constraints (unless you are familiar with compression and resizing). You need to upload your picture to a photo-hosting site such as www.imgur.com, the link to 'Upload from Computer' is right there on the front page, it will spit out a link page once you are completed. You can pick either 'Direct' or anything with 'BB' or 'Linked BB' (this is all from memory) and it will allow you to host full-sized, non-reduced photos if you remember, or keep the link. Making an account there is even easier, and then all you need to do is login and see your photos, share the links or make off-site albums for backup purposes.

15. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Now I remember just how much I have missed you!

I hope your ant sized cows do full size poos for the compost pile and give you full buckets of milk, even though they only need 2 blades of grass a day.

16. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

They are so adorable, I wish I could keep 1. :) Congrats, and best wishes for you and them. :)

17. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

One week old today :)
    Who would have thought they could get any cuter? .. but they have!
    They are much more than twice the trouble but they are also much, much more than twice the love. And they are adorable! The little one under her Mum's neck is the smaller of the two & the first born. She is a lunatic asylum all by herself :) She is going to be a handful I think. I had trouble getting any photos of them today because she was always on top on me trying to look in the camera :/

18. helenlee

helenlee Junior Member

And again ...

19. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

The one in front looks like the cow equivalent of Bambi with those big brown eyes.

20. Terra

Terra Moderator

Excellent Helen i miss having milking cows