TV Alert: Peak Oil on Catalyst Thurs

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by heuristics, Nov 20, 2005.

1. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

Was going to post this anyway, but am encouraged by Forest's request for "town crier" announcements (see her "Using this site to Inform" post).

ABC TV is running promos for its final "Catalyst" program for 2005 - and say they will be screening a segment on Peak Oil (only they dont call it that on the promo) (of course).

Time 8pm Thursday, ABC TV. (Nov 24)

Re the Spurlock thingie on Ch 10 last week. I had no idea it was screening. Like earthbound, I was surfing. I couldnt find anything on ABC or SBS - I just fluked something on a commercial station that wasn't Big STUPID Brother or other shyte.

Forest - re getting a copy of the Spurlock doco - From google I understand he is doing a whole series - the outline on his first program (which I didn't see) sounds interesting too. (He tried to live on minimum wage in NY.) There are a few other interesting ones coming up in the series - I think the whole series would be available for purchase (yikes!) or maybe could be hired from a DVD store.

The issue of copyright got a good work-over in an earlier post - I think Tullymore's first "Sunday Report".
    I would really love to own a copy of Bill's Global Gardener series, but the copyright holder is just a small-time guy and he got burned badly by everyone pirating his stuff, so now he won't release it again, so we all miss out.

2. forest

forest Junior Member

many thanks heuristics. I'll be watching.

3. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

TV Alert: Peak Oil on Catalyst Thurs

Forest - you may also want to look out for the final New Inventors on ABC on this Wednesday (Nov 23) Not sure of the time, maybe 8pm, I think.
    They may have abit more about the sunballs we're interested in. I am hoping Sunball will win the overall People's Choice award. Still cant get over the imbecile judges of the week it appeared!

4. forest

forest Junior Member

I would like to see that. Thank you. :)

5. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

Thanks for the Peak Oil tip, heuristics. Might try and catch that one, if I can find the time (or the telle, for that matter...).