Try this site

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by Tezza, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

I understand that Aussie Polititions have learnt a lot about life and how to control the masses etc. Also seeing how little johnny is so like little George and Even Little Tony ...anyone notice the simularitys..I hope we havent been taking lessons on disaster responces like after hurrican Katrina... Read this This is scarey....So glad I dont live near a big city or the coast for that reason either try this Link.......

https://www.emsnetwork.org/artman/publis ... 8337.shtml

Hope it works ok This is scarey stuff...

Tezza

2. SueinWA

SueinWA Junior Member

That article was written by paramedics Larry Bradshaw and Lorrie Beth Slonsky, who were in New Orleans attending the Emergency Medical Services convention.

From others in New Orleans, I understand that the authorities weren't just protecting themselves, but they were doing much of the looting!

New Orleans has a reputation of having a very corrupt government, so I'm not surprised at what happened there. The authorities couldn't even bother to collect the school, tour and city buses to shuttle people out of the city, they just let them sit and fill up with water. And the people who were picked up by buses to get to the shelters were charged for the service.

One bright spot in the disaster was the zoo. The directors of the zoo had figured that they would be hit by a major hurricane sooner or later, so they had a concrete plan to follow, and they actually followed it. Few animals were lost or injured due to their efforts, although the water creatures like the seals & dolphins, etc, were shipped out to other zoos because of the lack of clean water.

If this isn't a wakeup call to the rest of us, we deserve what we get.

Sue

3. verrall

verrall Junior Member

Hi Tezza

I have a nickname for the president of the USA, and that is bonsai.

Why bonsai? Because he is a little Bush!

4. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

I appolagise for not sharing my niknames for the prev mentioned persons ....well not on a mixed site anyway

It rymes with several words including Tanker :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tezza