1. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

Michaelangelica recently suggested the possibility of a seperate Animal related forum.

Since then, there has been some discusion as to whether an animal forum should be added. Some are for it, some against.

I set up a trial forum for animal related posts to see how popular it is. If its not used much by the end of the year we can vote on whether to keep it or remove it.

I couldn't think of any other way of determining its popularity other than to set it up and see how it went.

2. pebble

pebble Junior Member

Climate:
    Inland maritime/hot/dry/frosty
    Re: Trial Forum

I think an animal forum is a really good idea. Alot of pc is specific to animals and it makes sense to have a dedicated area.

I also agree with others that too many sub-forums can be a problem and I think we are pretty much at or near the max now. I also want to say again that if you have too many changes over a long period of time then it puts people off. We've had a lot of changes this year, some unsettling and some good things. It's lovely to see the forum so busy. It would be nice to have things settled for a while. Can we leave any voting until later in January? People are busy enough over the holidays etc.

I appreciate the moderators consulting on this. It fits very well with pc to do so :) and makes for good community.

cheers,
    pebble

3. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

Yeah, good job on all the modifications, Mods. As always, your hard work is very much appreciated. However, I agree with pebbles on this one - let's give the 'changes to the format' a break for a bit, and let all of our wonderful new friends settle in, hey?

Oh, and Eric, just as an aside mate, insects are animals.

Cheerio, Marko.

4. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

... Animals of Mammalia and Arthropoda classifications (and anything in between)!

5. kimbo.parker

kimbo.parker Junior Member

[​IMG]

Future Shock ! .....many years ago now ...Alvin Toffler ( something like that )
    identified

'Peoples inability to cope with the 'Pace of Change'', as a real problem and impediment to the social evolution we will need to achieve to save our collective arses.

this 'granny chatter' about 'how fast things are going,,, why can't it all slow down for a bit,,,i remember last year, it was quiet pleasant then, lets go back....
    is all just so,,,
    god dam middle aged!
    your slip is showing pebs, marko salt and pepper is distinguished, and i used to sleep with a knife between my teeth...but the knife won't fit in the glass now.

the only certainty is change.......population increases at bullshit exponentials........we have to cater to the trends,,,,,,,dynamic fluid adaptive,,,,,

it is hardly permaculture to get in the road of evolution.
    i can understand strategies to hold a system 'pre-peak' and maintain it there.................but you would not be suggesting that this forum is there yet, surely.

i am not a disciple of progress,,,,,,,,,,not all progress is good, is better.
    i am inclined to evolution though and recognise that i don't want progress to stop here.....because nothing is that good.

except perhaps you guys whom i grow fonder of

cheers
    'k'

6. pebble

pebble Junior Member

Climate:
    Inland maritime/hot/dry/frosty
    Maybe I just have more respect for grannies than you do kimbo :)

There's nothing wrong with stability. And stability doesn't negate change or evolution (although I'm not sure why you are championing social evolution, given that we've supposedly evolved into the situation we are in now). Obviously there is a place for radical change. But too much and you just end up with a big effing mess. I'm actually in favour of undermining strategies that keep us pre-peak (if I understand your usage there). But de-stabilising this forum doesn't serve that.

7. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Changes to the forum are just that... changes.....

adding new forums (not too many) can enhance a page and stir up newer interest,certainly not put people off of running to a new forum....

Its permaculture......Thatll be akin to pulling up all seeds that germinate from trees,cos no one wants change or more things then they can handle or too many trees blocking the veiw...

I thought we had animals coverd in here allready, seeing as we are/were posting in the breeding,raising,feeding,and caring for animals page

Tezza

8. pippimac

pippimac Junior Member

Let me get this right. Caring for animals is still a trial forum? Go on, make it a permanent fixture!

9. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Ummmm I don't know how to do that - but I did make this topic un-sticky. So the announcement that it is a trial will gradually fall from view as well all add new topics. Hope that will suffice!

Eco - junior mod with training wheels still on!

10. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

Yep, I set this one up when we were on the old phpBB board... Mods could access the Admin panel on that one...

Craig, can you do a mild edit on the Animal/s Board... just remove the "Trial Forum" tag on the description, thanks!