Trainer/teacher wanted for Philippine projects

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by Skywoolf, May 10, 2009.

1. joelcebu

joelcebu Junior Member

Re: Trainer/teacher wanted for Philippine projects

hi Skywolf
    im joel lee from cebu. im a PDC grad, and also a certified permaculture teacher. you could come to cebu and see what we have done so far.
    you can learn permaculture from us or also from Bert Peeters. in fact there is an intro course at his permaculture site in Nueva Ecija starting on 15 june 2009. you may want to join them. their website: www.cabiokid.org and their mobile number there is: 0928.551-3935. the mobile of Bert Peeters is 0920.911-4290

a good number of participants from cebu will be there for the 15 june intro course. including jukka jalopanien. it may just turn out to be a bisaya group.

cheers

joel
    [email protected]

2. joelcebu

joelcebu Junior Member

hello. im joel lee from cebu, PHILIPPINES. im a PDC graduate, and a certified Permaculture teacher too. and based in CEBU!
    if you want to learn about permaculture, just come over to Cebu. we can show you what we are doing here, and help you to learn permaculture so you can design your property development.

if you have time next week, Bert Peeters is conducting a intro to Permaculture in Nueva Ecija at his Cabiokid farm, starting June 15.
    Jukka Jalopanien and a few other BISDAKs are attending.

you can check out Bert's Permaculture projects through https://www.cabiokid.org.

cheers.
    joel

3. Skywoolf

Skywoolf Junior Member

Thanks. I will check it out. The land deals are taking a lot longer than I expected so we still can't move ahead with much and I can't travel because I have to keep meeting with lawyers and surveyors, etc.

Where did you qualify as a permaculture teacher?

4. joelcebu

joelcebu Junior Member

hi Skywoolf
    i did my course with Geoff and Nadia Lawton with the Permaculture Research Institute, NSW Australia. the course was done at the Diversity Farms.
    im a certified permaculture teacher accredited with the Permaculture Institute of Bill Mollison.
    check this link: https://www.tagari.com/?page_id=19

Bert Peeters is a certified permaculture designer, also accredited by the Permaculture Institute of Bill Mollison.

an Accredited and Certified Permacutlure Designer, has a masters in Industrial Design/Product development. He is an EcoVillage Training (EVT) graduate & has been a practicing permaculturist for over 10 years. He is head of the Philippine Permaculture Association, BOND-Philippines, PINTIG & co-founder of the Cabiokid Permaculture Site.

He has engaged himself in permaculture projects with and within communities throughout the Philippines and continues to apply permaculture to all aspects of life. He weaves understanding of the topic in any project and reads landscapes with great ecological sensitivity.

Some of the projects he has been involved with:
    1. Setting up the Philippine Permaculture Association (PPA)

2. Development and actual teaching of a permaculture course on the Philippine situation, zooming in on local knowledge and tropical eco-systems.

3. Planning and site development of a 6 ha wetland rice property in Cabiao, province of Nueva Ecija, Luzon island (central Luzon region). https://www.cabiokid.org

4. Proposal for amendments and improvements of a housing site for urban Poor (re)-settlers in the province of Cavite, Luzon island (Southern Tagalog region).

5. Introduction of permaculture principles on a 21 ha property, which is being developed as an ecological and holistic healing center in San Mateo, province of Rizal, Luzon island.

6. Developing a park and recreation area in Marikina, Metro Manila

7. Designing an international solidarity center in Manila

8. Ancestral Domain development for indigenousTagbanua people in northern Palawan province (Calamianes)

9. Eco-architecture and building course and a recently set-up post secondary school both based on a permaculture framework and intended for the indigenous Tagbanua people in northern Palawan

10. Transformation of an existing resort into a permaculture community resort in Caringo island, Camarines sur province (Bicol)

11. Putting up Learning Resouce Centers in the elementary schools of brgy Palasinan and Sta Rita in Cabiao by combining permaculture with the formal school curriculum and building improved structures made of natural materials

12. Creating an urban permaculture site for Cravings company in Metro Manila

13. Starting permaculture centers and learning sites throughout the province of Isabela in northern Luzon

14. Desiging and setting up the first eco-village site in the country (PINTIG, Cabiao, Nueva Ecija) in cooperation with other interested organisation

here is my own short bio
    Joel Lee
    is a Certified Permaculture Teacher registered with the Permaculture Institute of Australia.

He s a graduate of Industrial Education, major in Electro-mechanics. He was assigned in Don Bosco Cebu for a few years, where he headed the Electrical Department and the Vocational training for Out of School Youth.

He is also specialized in Offset Printing Technology at the Scuola Grafica San Zeno di Verona, Italy. He was head of production operations at the Don Bosco Press in Makat, iwhere he also trained printing technicians under a dual-type program.

Upon returning to Cebu, he become involved with the family businesses, mainly in the hotel sector, taking upon various roles. He is currently the CEO for the business group. In 1998, he started a business in making and distributing Gelato Eliseo, Italian-style ice cream, which is now well accepted in top hotels and restaurants in Cebu and Metro Manila.

In March 2007, he went to Australia to study Permaculture under Geoff and Nadia Lawton at the Permaculture Research Institute (https://www.permaculture.org.au). After the PDC he was able to actively participate with the 9th Australian Permaculture Convergence (https://www.apc9.org) where he met many of the pioneers and leaders of the permaculture movement. He is now a certified Permaculture Design Course Teacher of the Permaculture Institute of Bill Mollison. (https://www.tagari.com).

He co-founded the Cebu Permaculture Initiatives, a not for profit organization in November 2007. Its goal is to promote simple solutions to sustainable living and environmental restoration. you can check this site: https://www.youtube.com/cebupermies

His permaculture projects now include:

1. Kamagayan Green Zone (KGZ) an urban garden demonstrating practices and simple alternative solutions for growing food, lowering energy costs, using recycled materials, etc. check this website: https://kamagayangreenzone.multiply.com/

2. Katunggan Permaculture Adventrue Farm (KPAF), located in Bacsije, Carcar, and blest with three ecosystems: lowland, swampland and coastal, it is developing to be an interesting way to combine conservation of natural environments with productivity, check this website: https://katungganfarm.multiply.com/

3. Elicon House and Café, eco-renovation of a 35 year old building housing a small hotel: natural lighting, natural cooling, use of recycled materials, mosaic art, green cladding, etc., check this website: https://eliconcafe.multiply.com

5. Skywoolf

Skywoolf Junior Member

That sounds good. I am a semi retired web developer and have found it very difficult to find much information on permaculture in the Philippines. The sites I found are mostly incomplete and inactive. I tried emailing a couple but got no reply.

Maybe later I will build another web site with as much information on Philippines permaculture as possible.

6. joelcebu

joelcebu Junior Member

hi Skywoolf. that would be so cool. if you join bert peeter's course which starts next week, the possibilities for teaming up with the purpose of spreading and expanding the permaculture mind and practices will expand. by any chance could you join them next week? if not, i reckon that there is still another intro course at the end of june. let me know your plans.

joel lee
    cebu permaculture initiatives

7. Skywoolf

Skywoolf Junior Member

Thanks but I cannot be away for a while yet as I have to meet with lawyers, surveyors, architects, etc then mark perimeters on multiple lots of land, get people organized on fencing, sea walls, etc.

I have Bill Mollison's books and have been studying permaculture via the internet for years so I don't think I need an introductory course. I think I can handle it without training but will of course make more mistakes. I think what I need more than anything is information from people who have done it in the Philippines on things like which are the best plant guilds for plants that will grow in Davao at below 250 meters above sea level, what are the likely pest and disease problems, etc.