Town Crier: TV alert acquaponics

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by heuristics, Nov 27, 2005.

1. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

ABC-TV's rural-focused program, Landline is in hiatus, but they are running “best of Landline” each Sunday over the summer. According to their promo for next Sunday, they will be running a program on aquaponics. This will be a re-run of segments on acqaponics they have run on the program earlier this year.
    ABC-TV, LandLine, midday, Sunday December 4.

2. forest

forest Junior Member

Thanks heuristics. I think I saw that original program. I'll watch out for the repeat. :)

3. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

Excellent Taaa........ :D :D

4. christopher

christopher Junior Member

Dr. Joel,

I was at notpertaining and saw your barrel system photos. They look fantastic, cheap, recycling, approachable, what a cool idea. Is this the one for the West Australia Aquaponics Roadshow?

I had a glorious day. Batteries charged up, roasted a bunch of chile peppers, got our corn field started, I feel great. How was your day?

C

5. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

Mornin Christopher....

Good to hear your having a good day... :D :D And well, I'll let you guess if I'm having a good one, I received this email today:

:D :D :D :D
    So, pretty happy at the moment...

Ahhh the barrel system, no, thats just making one of Travis Hugheys systems using his manual.. Though I have made a couple of changes to it along the way, like I've done away with his toilet flush valve and counter weights, and used a simple automatic syphon with no moving parts, just pipework. Seems like it's going to work ok although I'm already thinking I want to expand on it, to have more beds...

The portable system I made is this.
    [​IMG]

It's starting to grow well now, in a few weeks lilly pads have covered the water surface and the other plants are all growing... :D

Joel

6. baldcat

baldcat Junior Member

Congrats Joel...

Nice work on getting your gear of to them in the first place :)

7. frosty

frosty Junior Member

great news Joel

we had a visit from my LAC of disability services last week and finshed up spending a hour or so telling him about aquaponics 8) 8) he has fish so it seems a logical step for him .......he may contact you hopefully 8)

frosty

8. Jez

Jez Junior Member

Congratulations Joel...well done mate! :D

9. forest

forest Junior Member

Exellent news, Joel. Congratulations. :D

10. christopher

Dr Joel,

I imagine you are felling pretty good! That is such good news! I am so happy for you!

Wow! Yay!
    :wav:
    Your new demo system looks extremely transportable, and it looks, I dunno, so, um, well, cute! An aquaponnics system :wav: for very small yards :lol: . As usual, and as we have come to expect, it is elegant and simple, and very admirable...

Whens the magazine come out? You going to put the book in the next catalogue?

Very, very exciting, and you deserve this. You have worked really hard. Um, you Assies say, uh, what is it, (maybe?) "Good on'ya!" (And please let me know if I have used the term properly. I'lm loading up my Aussieisms. While we're talking ab out Aussiesms, what exactly does fair dinkum mean?)

C

11. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

Thanks guys.... :D

Yeah, the magazine comes out march, their book catalogue is in the magazine as part of it, so I hope to be in both with a bit of luck. I guess it would make sense for them to be running the article, and they can comment that the book is available through the catalogue as well... We'll see, waitin to hear back....

Yep, you've used 'good on ya' in the right way.... :D :lol:
    Fair dinkum? It means the same as 'true blue'.... :lol: :lol:

Fair dinkum? = Is that right?
    Fair dinkum! = a good responce to a wild story.
    It's fair dinkum. = something is real, not fake.
    He's fair dinkum. = he's a good bloke.

sooo many different uses, it's all in the tone thats used.. :wink:
    Joel

12. christopher

Joel,

How exciting for you! "I knew Dr Joel, in a cyber kind of way, before he got all famous for his innovative work in aquaponics :wav: . I even gave the emoticons a job, and what not..."

Joel, you know you'r fair dinkum, right? :lol:

Like "Fuggedaboudit" in NYC (and any Italian American community), its in the tone. It can mean many things, from wow, to alright, to no way, to, well, forget about it.

Lets watch the tone here and learn: "Hey, Tony, what do you think? Dr Joel, genius, or genius?", "Fuggedaboudit!"

C

13. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Bill would love your tank joel It fits into his Anysize garden/balcony attitudes

Great stuff

Tezza