Toss the junkfood and eat the container!

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by ho-hum, Sep 20, 2009.

1. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

I was pondering why no-one was producing edible baling twine or wrap for the fodder industry and found this article on edible plastics.

https://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0820/is_2000_April/ai_60376122/

Some enterprising person could make a squillion out of this product.

cheers,

ho-hum

2. pebble

pebble Junior Member

Climate:
    Inland maritime/hot/dry/frosty
    Re: Toss the junkfood and eat the container!

Personally, I wouldn't consider soy to be edible ;-) but I get the point. I buy my organic cafe take-aways in a corn based container. It composts well - I soak it and put it in the worm farm. I'm not sure it's edible for mammals though, it's pretty tough before it its soaked. Goats might cope with it but don't know if it would be good for them.

I wish they wouldn't call it plastic though. It's going to confuse people. Remember those so called biodegradable plastic bags that came out a few years ago, but weren't actually biodegradable, they just broke down into very small pieces of plastic that you couldn't see :(

I'm also somewhat sceptical if companies don't do full disclosure about how their product is made.

And there is the problem of using soy or corn non-food products, in that we are stealing food from poor people if we shift to this large scale.

3. nackyy20

nackyy20 New Member

if we have more amount of chip, wafers ,cake desserts or junkfood then we have more probability to have cancer than other who don’t have it. Having this jink foods increases the chances of developing cancer bacteria.