Too much power? Should any one person be allowed to shut down the internet?

Discussion in 'News from around the damp planet' started by annette, Jul 12, 2013.

1. annette

annette Junior Member

2. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Many people are reading this wrong. 1st, & I mean this, no one can shut off the internet. Yes, someone can stop tier 1 traffic coming into a country, but since when has that stopped Egypt from getting out images of its riots?

Secondly, this is another fear article, he is simply replacing the power the Executive branch used to hold during times of crisis that was in that office prior to the Homeland security act taking away all of FEMA's responsibility which is why, and how the US had the awful Katrina mess.

However, if you really want to be upset... try this.

[video=youtube_share;HmX4LXbB69E]https://youtu.be/HmX4LXbB69E[/video]

I don't recommend trying to be upset on purpose for health reasons.

3. mouseinthehouse

mouseinthehouse Junior Member

I would have done a lot more kicking and screaming. To her credit she was quite composed! Seriously, that is appalling. Actually, it makes you want to cry in frustration. :(

4. annette

annette Junior Member

Thanks Pak. I was wondering.......... I'm glad no one person can shut the whole thing down. Just hope it can't be used for propaganda purposes.

So those Texas legislators are trying to tell women what to do with their bodies! I have always thought if men could get pregnant, there would be an abortion clinic on every corner and free contraception. I'd be moving to New York too.! How can they just drag her out like that? Just because they don't like what she is saying. .......Shame on them.

5. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Yeah, yeah it does. It also makes me grateful that family members moved out of Texas this year.

Annette, your welcome, have a great day. :)