Through observation...(dodgy discussion)

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by Pakanohida, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

I don't want to name the plant for getting into some nonsense over legality in a persons region, however through direct observation by the local police of criminal behavior there has been something found about a plant that I find extraordinary.

It seems a criminal element in my region, during exceptionally foggy mornings would walk through a local towns road sniffing the air. When the fog suddenly was a bit thinner, and a heavy scent was in the air, they went towards it, robbed it, and left.

What IS occuring is this plant condenses the water vapor in the air around it, making the area warmer. As the plant does this, it also gives off a stronger odor then it normally does until the fog in the area lifts.

I always knew this plant was rumored to hold heat, but the observations by the local police is hard to ignore. Is it possible that the plant itself could cause its own microclimate? :bow:

2. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

Are we talking marijuana or hemp or something ?

3. permup

permup Junior Member

Oh, Milifestyle, I couldn't stop laughing at your question. Pakanohida has tried so hard to get the message across without ACTUALLY saying it, for fear of repercussion, and you just come right on out there and blurt it out. I love it! Yes, I think I would agree with you though, he/she is talking about marijuana.

4. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

:sweat:

5. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

No sense talking around the pot... Its all huff and puff isn't it ?

6. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

All jokes aside, it is unfortunate that the possession of some plants especially marijuana and hemp? is illegal even though they could be beneficial for other horticultural uses. Marijuana is particularly useful for eliminating pests from the garden... which makes sense I suppose - given its properties.

Hemp is an excellent all round building material which is hard to get approved in many states. I haven't followed it closely but its use is currently being looked at in Tasmania. I have read it is considered a substitute to Asbestos.

Poppies on the other hand take up thousands of acres around Australia, Tasmania is no exception.

Restricting a plant for its illegal properties diminishes its potential for its alternative properties which could be more beneficial but perhaps not as profitable as its otherwise more recognised alternative use.

7. Fernando Pessoa

Fernando Pessoa Junior Member

It's an Urban Myth.

8. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Eric, thank you. :handshake::clap:

Here in the US, each state (Like a territory I guess) has a different law in place for the plant. Anyway, here is what I know from books now regarding this plant and its use in gardens. MUAH HAHAHHAHAHAH :clap:

First off, it was widely grown even in the 1800's as a protective plant against White Cabbage Butterfly. It also inhibits the growth of a fungus that causes early blight in potatoes. (Source: Carrots Love Tomatoes) Seeds used to be used for fuel, the stems can be smashed once dried and turned into the best rope on earth.

Lastly, Permup, I am a man. :D

9. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

I wonder how the constabulary would cope with "Honestly officer I planted it to keep the cabbage moth away. I have no intention to use it for human consumption." If you ever have the chance to have that conversation - PLEASE - do share the story with us!

10. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

Unfortunate I reckon eco... but thats the result of capitalism... where theres a buck to be made it will be.

11. purecajn

purecajn Junior Member

Self Employed / Semi-retired
    Climate:
    Sub-Tropical, Zone 9
    Read not to long back on the BBC site of a man busted for growing. I don't remember if he had the charges dismissed or he received probation, but his defense was that he wasn't growing the Cannabis for human consumption, but to feed to his hogs. In the article he claimed that there was no better plant to feed your pigs when treating intestinal parasites.

12. Glenn18

Glenn18 Junior Member

Butan my learnerd friends,the kingdom of have been feeding their "Hoggs" with it for eons.Saw a docco on it and the funny thing was,the pigs actually looked like they were laughing their arse's off.
    Cannibanoid(SP?) reseptors(You need those things to "Get off" on it) are only found in humans.It's like a jigsaw puzzle.

Isa Browns were deffinatly not a part of my puzzle.

13. PennyWA

PennyWA Junior Member

I had a giggle about this one. If they keep cabbage moths away I want some- strictly for the moths

14. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Ojo posted a link to a study done by someone at Purdue university in America. Here are 2 interesting tidbits.

15. Earthwizz

Earthwizz Junior Member

I wouldn't be at all surprised at any properties found in this remarkable plant. It's the best companion plant and will often take on the shade of green of neighbours, tomato, corn etc. Is it camoflage, does it know it's illegal? Along with other drugs it's been made illegal to engender the illicit drugs trade, the second largest industry on the planet. It's time to repeal prohibition of this plant, it's a boon to permies.

16. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

Technically Marijuana and Hemp are both of the same Genus of "Didyabringyabongalong" of which there are many species... ;)

17. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

Used to run a herb nursey once; people asking me for "the good herb" (wink nudge) used to drive me nuts;
    even had "plain clothes" police (in high heels!-- hilarious "casing" the muddy back paddock)
    It just wasn't funny after a few years.
    One day I noticed a Tagetes minuta (a common weed with very similar leaf to MJ) had popped up in an (empty) pot.
    So I stuck a sign on it "Pot Plant $30"
    It sold very quickly.

18. mischief

mischief Senior Member

s/e
    Climate:
    Cool mountain
    Haha you're so naughty.

19. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

20. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Well did you?:D

Ok, I'm being totally cereal now. :rofl:

I can actually confirm that there is something alleopathic between C. Sativa and raspberries / blackberries. This was tested with 4 variety of raspberry, including 1 golden raspberry. Blackberry (Himalayan var.) was kept back as well, again, via possible alleopathic.

There is a 4' gap, occurred naturally, between a 40' long blackberry bramble. The blackberry did not even send a tendril in the direction of C. Sativa. Sorry, photos cannot be made available because sadly, for U.S. legal reasons this may or may not of occurred.