The Sunday Report

Discussion in 'General chat' started by ~Tullymoor~, Nov 6, 2005.

1. ~Tullymoor~

~Tullymoor~ Junior Member

Well, today was hot...32 apparently...felt like 92 in the sun :D

Today I got my cherry tomato seedlings into the no-dig beds I made with the bamboo trellis near The Folly. Since I sowed about 35 million seeds into pots thinking they wouldn't all sprout and they DID, I also shoved some in the flower beds and also along the chook pen fence. I still have ten jam-packed pots of them to find homes for :shock:
    I also planted some comfrey around the edges in an attempt to try to halt the progress of the couch/buffalo grass runners.
    In went some zucchini seedlings and also some seeds...transplanted a nasturtium, love them winding their way through stuff and up fences :D
    I planted out some home-grown Taga seedlings also along chookpen fence and hope they grow quickly or the chooks are gonna fry without any shade.
    Sowed, into pots, 10 colour tomatos and also some more mixed pick and come again lettuces.
    We got some netting on our post and rail fences surrounding the vege garden in an attempt to keep chooks out.
    Then this evening (that was absolutely magnaborious by the way) we planted out some natives (erimophalla (sp), woolly bush, melaleuka, and something with no tag that looks like a spinning gum) my Mum bought me when she came down in Sept... :shock: they were getting a bit unhappy in their pots.
    Oh and sowed some Swamp Foxtail grasses from seed I saved from our old place...keep fingers crossed on that one...apparently they do better from root divisions...I LOVE em and hope they take.

So, that's what I've been up to. Who's next with their Sunday report???

2. ~Tullymoor~

~Tullymoor~ Junior Member

Crikies, where IS everone????
    It'll be Monday soon :?

3. barely run

barely run Junior Member

Bit late on the Sunday report BUT had my husband home and all to myself...so out came the whip...I mean working gloves...lol
    We or rather he, fenced in the herb garden as I keep losing my asparagus to the dogs and hares. I was thinking star pickets and wire...no way...lovely cemented posts...and chicken wire...looks great.
    Mulched the next chook tractor cirlcle ready for the tomatoes..and topped up the potatoes...got 3 tyres high. Split the chooks into 2 groups to try and pick out the egg eaters but no luck so far :? and got our spa pool (home made) really a stock water trough..up and running. When I can afford a real spa I'll turn it into a aquaculture thingy.
    Have had al ovely productive few days :lol:
    Cathy

4. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Flat out here at our place, visiters,before we were dressed,out visiting,then back,check on the chicks,maggos,and SilkWorms.Then flat out typing this message, oh yea had to watch an combined dvd of acdc with a disc each for
    Bons songs and other for Brians songs...Funny watching 70s glam rock acdc
    on old countdown show clips,ya remember Bon in Drag...Later after wifey goes bed ill be watching the brian version,hope fully the sound quality will be better then the 70s gear 8)
    if i last till midnight ill visit via the net my Soccer Team Manchester United
    vs some other mob we hate :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Nite Nite all

Tezza

zzzzzz

5. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

Its still only 7:30am on Sunday here in the north Pacific. I just finished my first cup of coffee and turned this thing on to find out what time it is. The clouds obscure the sun until about 11am this time of year most days, making it hard to tell that way, and all our other clocks are dead.
    But, today the Mrs is going to the Maui Nui Botanical Gardens arbor day free tree giveaway, and I am staying home and using some recycled wood to build a shed.

6. HoneydaleFarm

HoneydaleFarm Junior Member

Hey Tully,

We had one of the best Sundays (weather wise) we have had for ages, so took advantage of the fact and had an impromptu brunch at out place with friends. Got some friends over with their little ones and the inlaws...and the in proverbial words of Donkey from Shrek..."WE made WAFFLES!!"

Then spent the rest of the day planting all the vege seeds I had germinated (Corn, squash, zuchinni,lettuces, silverbeet, beetroot, radishes,peas, beans, tomoatoes, capsisums,chillis etc etc etc)...and thinking how some one else will get to benefit from the herb and vege garden I have built....bittersweet really. Maybe the garden will turn someone into a vege grower!

Last night I also took advantage of a balmy Tassie night and my 3year old daughter and I (Hubby at work baking breads for the masses) sat outside and had salad and planned the new garden...still not sure how we are going to build the pen for that dragon she wants in there though :lol:

7. Cornonthecob

Cornonthecob Junior Member

I slept!

8. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

I got up late, drank lots of coffee and read papers..... Picked fluff from my navel then contemplated it for a while..... Then filmed some video bits of the new system I made and tried to edit it and up load it... Then a friend came round and I drank a bottle of red wine....... hic....

Man I didn't do anything permaculture like, I planted nothing...... :(

9. christopher

christopher Junior Member

To start out, today I slept in.

Then I futzed around with the stone kitchen, and didn't lay a single stone.

I then made the awesome exertion of drinking some coffee.

I harvested some banana.

I ate some "golden plum" (spondia somthingorother.......)

I ate some quinoa (imported).

I looked at various areas of the land, especially in the area surrounding the student housing (MMRF area), where we have some corn, some cajanus, some cannavalia, as well as pineapple, vetiver grass, coconuts, cashew, peach palm, some other trees... We need to make some decisions....

Then I went and watched as Dawn transplanted some tomatos. I then harrassed her to take some of her transplant pan over to the MMRF area... where she planted some more.

I checked on line to see if anyone had posted....

Taking stock for today, I did just about nothing :?

It rained alot, too, which is nice. The ground is pretty dry for this time of the year, and a big deluge would be nice to help us through the impending dry season. Our corn and beans plants are at that critical stage, so this rain will get them a bit further along.....

Dr Joel, working on new video of your new aquaponics :wav: system is very worthy work! The seeds sown by your "non-permacultural" work today will grow into many other systems! Every bt of work you do in that direction is worthy earth repairing work!~

Whoever was complaining the other day about substance free postings and sharing minutia is just going to love this thread :lol: ! I hope his Sunday was as easy andd stress free as all of ours, too!

For just a bit more fluff, to add volume if not weight to this thread, I will mention that I am listening to Dread Zeppelin, a Reggae style band, (sort of) that covers Led Zeppeling songs, and the lead singer is an Elvis impersonator. Just my mix, and taste, in cleverness, humour and irreverence. I downloaded it on Limewire.....

I will say here, also, to keep Tullmoor from worrying, that I will, most likely, be off installing the balance of the solar system out at the cay this week, leaving tomorrow. I promise to check in when I get back :love7: .

10. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

Christopher, I LOVE your style. Admitting that you wander around, watch your wife working and issue her instructions, AND that you pinch music off the internet in one single post. You champ! I wish I had the courage to do both of the above. :lol:

11. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

Stealing art is bad....did you steal the music Christopher or was it a free to take download...? :shock:

Glenn had images of his art stolen once and made into postcards which were sold - it was not very nice to see these art works used in this manner without prior request or acknowledgement... :(

I have a little bee in my bonnet about stealing art... :x

My Sunday was cruizy too - planted a carob tree, another black mulberry, two chilean guavas and one pineapple guava and some herbs (pennyroyal, tansy, applemint & origano) while Glenn attacked an old concrete slab with the spud bar to break it all up and remove it (to use as land fill in an eroding dam wall).

:D
    Fran.

12. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

Your busted big time C........... :roll:

13. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

Would Christopher like it if someone jumped his fence and nicked a solar system that he had just worked on and was about to install somewhere?

Or if someone stole all your fishies Joel?

:lol:

14. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

I understand perfectly Fran, hence the reason I'm not releasing my book in an electronic format...... :?

I'm waiting for the day when I find some of my stuff being used by someone else... I figure it's probably not a case of if, more when...

15. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

My apologies Joel,

It was those rolly eyes that got me going :wink:

It is a shame that people don't even think about electronic theft as stealing. We have friends that have offered to burn us cd's of music that we like, music that they have got from the internet - these same people get a little toey when we refuse the cd and tell them that we will buy the cd and support the band - these people also wonder why bands don't tour Australia - they don't have record sales to justify a tour because people are stealing the music instead of buying it - 'tis all very silly.

I hope you are always contacted if someone wants to quote from your work and that you are given the appropriate recognition.

Cheers,
    Fran.

16. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

hahahah..... :lol: I can see the context you may have taken my comment, with the rolly eyes and all...... They were aimed at C, 'he's in trouble again..... :roll:'

However, I probably shouldn't comment further on the subject, coz I aint perfect myself....... :oops:

17. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

What have you been stealing Joel? :lol:

18. christopher

:oops:

Um, regarding the work thing, um, see, uh, well, most days, um, well, not like this day, um, most days I, uh, work, see, ummmm, like a dog.... see? But, uh, today I was, ummm, working on, um, resting for tomorrow.

And, Richard, um, trust me on this, issuing instructions, orders, directions, fatwahs etc will only backfire. Dawn is a redhead, and while I hate sterotypes... um, trust me, that approach won't work.

I whined. (Come oooooo-on Daaaa-a-a-awn, puh-leeeeze? We NEED them over there......)

another :oops: , Franceyne, you are right. We have an intern, I mentioned Dread Zeppelin, she told me to go to this site, I did, downloaded the music, and in the harsh glare of your scathing observations (see me looking like a deer in the headlights?, uh, maybe a walabee or kangaroo for you..... ) I have to admit that I stole the music.

I could make some weak justifications, throw out some situational ethics, but you already cut to the bone, baring the sordid essence of how I got the music. Its bad. I won't do it again. I just checked at Amazon, and the albums are all still available.... so I couldn't use that weak excuse either.

See, I would never do that with, say, Dr Joels books or DVDs, but, without really thinking about it, somehow I managed to justify it in this.

File sharing sounds so much, well, nicer nicer than STEALING, but it is stealing.

I'm (was!) a bad boy....

Consider me reproached and a changed man.

I remain, improving daily, yours,

C

19. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

Me....? Nothing................ :oops: :oops: Genuine backups of originals only.... :oops:

20. christopher

Um, yeah, like he said, me too!

(never agaiin, never again, never again...)