The Leg Movement :)

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by baldcat, Sep 12, 2005.

1. baldcat

baldcat Junior Member

I'm interested in finding out if there are any groups around the Wimmera / Grampians area.. If so please leave details here.
    \
    Cheers :eek:

2. gargun

gargun Junior Member

Hi Dan.

I dunno what kinda group you're looking for, but if things work out the way we hope Lolly & I will be moving to Ararat in the near future. :D

Maybe we can found a group of permaculture maniacs? :lol:

Ray

3. baldcat

baldcat Junior Member

Nice looking block... Hope it goes well... Has settlement been finalised ?

My settlement is on the 14th of December.. although I've only got 1/2 acre :(

Basiclly the type of group I was liooking for was an active group where we could get together and do stuff... Ie one weekend we could go to your property, camp out and build a cob oven.. Not only do you get a new cob oven, but we all get the experience on how to buid it.. Maybe even a Cob garden shed... A straw bale feed chook shed... possabilites are endless.. I think the trick to such a group is to keep it fun and simple, whilst being practical and meeting our objectives.

4. Lolly

Lolly Junior Member

Dan that sounds great... keep us posted on what you discover. We'd love to join in.. :)

Linda

5. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

Ohhh, I want to join in too...can we make Central Victoria, or even just Welshmans Reef part of the Wimmera for a weekend or two :wink:

What exciting times for all four of you - Dan & Sam and Ray & Linda :D

6. baldcat

baldcat Junior Member

Well really it doens't need to be a group in any particular area... But you get waht I'm trying to put forward ?? nothing huge but maybe what you would call a Permie action group... Focused not so much on the effect on the whole world but on our own land weather it be 400 acres or 1/2 acre..

I'm sure eveyone here can agree to enjoying camping here, and the enjoyment of working on something.. Yeah sure not all the projects will be great, but think of the benefits from both side.

* As a host, you can get that job done with free labour and enjoyment
    * As a guest, you get the knowlegde of maybe a new skill, you get to help out (the warm fuzzy), travel abit around the coutry side, see what other are doing..

And not to mention forging new friendships.

It would be a group of self reliance as well, as to not bring any talk of money... As a host YOU pay for all the materials pertinant to the project, as a guest you bring your own food (mainly to cater for your person diets)..

Anyway just a concept !!! Is there any other thoughts ?

If at all something like this was to become a reality, may I nominate Frans Property as first port of call... Whilst there, a visit to David Holgren's place could be on order ;)

7. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

Permie Action Group.

It sounds like a wonderful idea to me Dan - Glenn and I would be happy to host the first one - we have a breached dam that needs back filling and some swales that need digging and planting out :D We have plenty of camping space and would be happy to suppliment peoples food with veggo fare...

Anyone interested?

8. christopher

christopher Junior Member

I popped over and was looking around, saw DtM opened the thread and Fran had posted last, so mi opened it and read it. I just want to say that this sounds like a lot of fun....

Y'all are lucky to be close to one another!

Best,

C

9. baldcat

baldcat Junior Member

I've thought of a name...

LEG movement :)

Land Enjoyment Group :LOL:

10. baldcat

baldcat Junior Member

I have started a thread on the Sublife site... I got a bit more control over there :druid:

11. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

Dan The Man...you have become the Bald Cat again!

:lol:

....just in case you didn't notice....talk about stating the obvious :roll: