Thanks to the team

Discussion in 'General chat' started by Grahame, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

Murray and Co., thanks for getting the forum back with all the posts intact.

I for one appreciate all the work you do and the forum itself, for a while there I thought I might have to actually get out and do some work or something! Thankfully, I can now sit back in front of the computer and while my days away talking about permaculture instead getting on with the business of living it. hehe

Grahame

2. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

G'day Forum Team

I wish to mirror Grahame's sentiments, particularly with regards to recovering all of the data. Thank you all very much for your hard work in keeping the Forum alive. This resource is hugely important to a great many people and has the capacity to literally change lives, and in doing so, change the way humans interact with the biosphere in a positive manner.

On another note: When the system 'crashed' there were approximately 7000-odd members, now that we have the system up-and-running again (albeit in a new software format) we have about 18,000 members. What does this mean?

Once again, thanks Team for all you hard and ongoing work.

Cheerio, Mark.

3. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

Ditto to all the above...

4. kimbo.parker

kimbo.parker Junior Member

Likewise..

BIG job! some real talent behind the scenes....this is better software,,,,wordpress was a collander;
    as a blogger with wordpress, I have to make it very hard to join and comment - which takes the community out of the equation.
    I have my fingers crossed for you.

thanks,
    regards,
    Kimbo

5. Bird

Bird Junior Member

could somebody please explain why this new system refuses to recognize my original log in and also refuses to let me change it back, the new log in is rediculus and will never be remembered. could one of the moderators please contact me by e-mail at [email protected] and whats with the time thing its 6:30 pm not9:00 am

6. murray

murray Junior Member

hey everyone - glad to help. the old database was severely screwed up / hacked i believe and it took us most of the week to locate a version of the backup that wasn't compromised. we came so very close to losing 18 months of posts.

bird - um, glad to help, but could you tell me a little more about the problem. was the password wrong? if so, can you not re-request it by using the 'forgot' password system?

cheers all

murray

7. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

I have a couple of Educational questions regarding the new format...

Can't send Private Messages... Says my limit has been reached ?

Where do i find moderators links etc ?

8. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

I'd like to add my thanks to those brave hard working souls who restored the board. I know realize just how much the community here has come to mean to me. A week without my virtual (some would even say virtuous) friends was a long time...

9. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

Phewww, I thought it was just me that felt like that... funny how such a mix-matched group of people can develop a friendship in a virtual-perma Environment...

10. greenfarmers

greenfarmers Junior Member

And another round of thanks ...
    I got a bit more work done by not hanging out her, but I sure missed the banter.

Good to be back,

Heidi

11. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

About the number of members - any idea, anyone? It would be great if they were all to contribute in some way or another. However, by the look of their names, I suspect 95% of them are spammers/bots? Still, the board is remaining spam free, and for this I thank whatever (whoever?) is in place to stop them.

Keep up the good work, Muz and the Mods. The new format works just fine. As much as we humans hate change (creatures of habit), lessons in being flexible/adaptable are a good thing, I believe. Please though, try not to 'fiddle' with it too much. If you are able to, please get rid of the ranking - it adds nothing to the value of the place, or permaculture in general. If people feel that they need encouragement/recognition for number/quality of posts - please PM me and I will only be too happy to heap praise (or scorn) upon your written expression.

Oh, and I never did get an opportunity to return your seasons greetings. May each and everyone who frequenteth this place of virtual sanctity enjoy great health and happiness during the festive period.

Markus Von Squarkus

12. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    I'm not sure what's happened with the member count. I know that many of us were flagged as "banned" when the database was brought over to the new forum software and Murray had to do some fancy programming to get us re-instated.

If anyone is reading this and still cannot log-in to the forum under your old username and password, consider re-registering to create a temporary new account so that you can post or PM and let us know. We get your original user account restored and you can change your password as you see fit from there.

Thanks everybody for your patience.

Happy Solstice!
    Bill