TEZZA'S garlic

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by baringapark, Jan 31, 2007.

1. baringapark

baringapark Junior Member

I have just harvested the last of the garlic Tezza gave me on his trip around Aus. It is the most beautiful stuff I have ever seen, and smells wonderful. Thank you so much Tezza. I am keeping a few cloves of this Elephant garlic to plant for next harvest.

I will be using it in tonight's dinner...Mmmmmmm!!

E

2. Batz

Batz Junior Member

Anyone have a few spare cloves of this?

Batz

3. barely run

barely run Junior Member

Not so sucessful with my Tezza's garlic.......sheep got into the herb garden.....pulled up several of the plants. Have one full clove and keep shifting from eating it or planting it. Maybe I can persaude Tezza to part with some more so I can eat mine. :lol:
    Cheers
    Cathy

4. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Hi Elizabeth How are you and the family.Well I hope..

Glasd you liked the garlic so much...

Sorry to hear bout those pesky sheep cathy.......

Now that Ill be comming over agin this year again to visit Geoff and Nadia in
    northern N.S.W...Ill se if i can arrange to drop off some new supplies for you both. Ill get back to you both in near future..

Love Tezza

5. dryland dweller

dryland dweller Junior Member

if ya coming thru SA give us a shout and have a cuppa.
    Pete

6. christopher

christopher Junior Member

Hi Tezza,

I haven't seen your name in pixels in yonks. How you doing?

:tonqe: :partyman: :cheers: :bounce: :joker: :coffee2: :blob7: :blob6: :blob5: :blob4: :blob3: :blob: :blob2: :eek:ccasion5: :thumbup: :tongue1: :tongue2: :tongue6: :toothy2: :toothy1: :eek:ccasion7: :eek:ccasion8: :eek:ccasion9: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wav: :wave:
    Just to say hello!

C

7. christopher

christopher Junior Member

And Hi Elizabeth, too!

And Hi Pete! :wave: :wave:

8. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Yea Gday Chris How are ya matey...Im well Im glad you asked...You must read the wrong posts mate i been stiring a bit...

Got myself A P.D.C offer from Emperor Geoff. and a absolute bonus from Jeff
    Im happy as of the moment

I cant explain how i feel as i havent figured it out myself either yet..

A bit dispondent is one way of putting it....A bit fed up is another,lack of patience, is another..Loosing my patience with certin board posters dont help..

Sometimes i just wanna bang some heads together.....

other days i just wanna smoke heads lolo 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Stay tuned for Tezzas Next big world shattering anouncement..its comming soon

Tezza

9. pauloz

pauloz Junior Member

Elephant garlic

Hi Tezza.
    Just registered and i'm hooked, been on this PC for ages reading these posts and all the replies. It's facinating reading all your worldly experience and now i know where to get advice, you will all probably get fed up with me. My wife and i have just cleared 1/3 acre of partially treed land (no sun getting in at all)and for every tree we removed 10 fold were replaced in another area of our one acre down here in Bunbury. Our aim is to go organic and become self sufficent asap. So i just read about the Elephant Garlic ?? i am so fed up of buying garlic from China that we are going to put some in.Aussie garlic without the human manure!!!!! Where can i pick up a few cloves, i believe, from what i've read that they are good tasting, so please if you know of a nursery that may have here that would be great.
    Cheers
    Paul

10. bill

bill Junior Member

Hey Paul, are you going anywhere near freo in the near future? There is an organic produce shop on Hampton Road about a kilometer south of the South St - Hampton Rd intersection. They have russian garlic at the moment, which I believe is the same thing. I was surprised to see it as I was told you can't bring it into WA. It's $38 a kilo though.

11. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

WOW $39 a kilo thats a great price..........

Hiya Paul wellcome to our board and thanks for the compliments..I feel better allready.....

Yes I love garlic my garlic grows free range now...Every start of autumn rains, it just starts sprouting again anywhere it likes....

Anyone else reading this post maybe aware or unaware that ive advertised it for sale in the For Sale etc forum along with other various items and chooks etc...

Not absolutly up on its botanical info as it was a gift I was told it was Elephant garlic....Its certainly Elephant size its flower stalk is taller then I and Im 5.9

Ive never been able to see "ANY" elephants in my garden so far :lol: :lol:

Where in bunbury are you..I get near there regurlely in Collie my son n family live there.Maybe i could call in if youd like..Ill bring a coupla bulbs.
    or meet in collie....

Tezza

12. Jackie K

Jackie K Junior Member

Hi and Welcome Bill. One of the veggie shops in Geraldton has a range of organically gron veg. Must see if they have any garlic when I go in. I've planted some org ginger and galangal, not growing quickly enough for me but it's early days. I have family in Bunbury, but rarely get down there. When I'm making a trip there I'll email you to arrange a visit, if that's OK with you. Oh well, I may as well make it a pilgrimage and go to Tezza's as well. LOL :D :D :D :D

13. bill

bill Junior Member

Tezza, $39 a kilo seems expensive - mind you I am stuck in my childhood and $5 still seems like lots of moola. Now I need to find somewhere to plant a kilo of giant garlic. Do you do anything special? Put it in the fridge? Get it to sprout first?

I have read that you can cut galic leeks off elephant garlic - have you tried it? Doesn't thast effect bulb development? I notice many bulbs are going green - yours do that?

So many questions!