TENNIS COURT TO FOOD FOREST CAPE TOWN

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by Katy Caldis, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Katy Caldis

Katy Caldis New Member

Climate:
    Mediterranean
    Hello everyone

First a big shout out to Jacqueline Edmiston from INPSIRE PERMACULTURE who gave me the courage (and a push) to get started on my project. I am currently doing the online PDC with Goeff Lawton and really loving it. The breadth and depth of knowledge is amazing and yet we barely scratch the surface of nature's wisdom and complex networks of relationships.

My dream is to develop a food forest (and maybe a tiny house and yoga-shalla in the forest) on what was a tennis court for 25 years.

25 years under concrete certainly kills any sign of life in the soil! Not to mention the geology of the ground is very much like beach sand to start anyway.. Cape flats indeed!

We have started with 20 banana circles, 6 chickens and the amazing opportunity to connect with our neighbours. We have experienced such warmth and community as neighbours bring us their cuttings and many unexpected gift and offerings of plants. This banana plantation in the middle of Rondebosch has captivated the imagination many and become a talking point at dinner parties. :)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    Gary McMenamin likes this.