Swine flu panic P*ss me off

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by heuristics, May 1, 2009.

1. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

Have been ranting to anyone who will listen, and not have to rant here too - It's a compulsion!

Hey - how many children (and adults) die each day from drinking dirty water? from malaria?
    Hundreds
    But the world doesnt issue Issue health warnings and alerts.

This swine flu is such a media beat-up – we need a new drama now that everyone is bored with the global financial meltdown.

Consider this – US troops were immunised before leaving in their hundreds of thousands to fight in Europe in WW1.
    1918-1919 saw the outbreak of the "Spanish" flu, which killed 20 million people worldwide in 18 months.
    Co-incidence?

Then in 1968 we had the height of the so-called "Hong Kong" flu – right in the middle of the Vietnam War when immunised US troops arrived in Asia their tens of thousands.

Note the current political correctness – the media has corrected the initial terminology of “Mexican” flu to “swine flu” .

Do you know Big Pharma member Baxter had a major “stuff up” a few months ago contaminating its flu samples?

And guess who has the “flu shot” to “fix” this 2009 swine flu – B-A-X-T-E-R.
    Co-incidence?????????

Google your own research into this

Edward Hooper in his book and documentary “The River” has meticulously researched and documented how the AIDS virus originated in Kinshasa, Belgium Congo with polo vacinations provided to local people between 1957 and 1959.
    (There are claims the AIDs virus existed before this, but no evidence of these claims has been provided and Hooper’s argument comprehensively dismissed this).

Immunisations against the 1976 “swine flu” killed more people than the disease!

I have to stop now, but hopefully some others here can add to my rant ….

2. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

Re: Swine flu panic P*ss me off

Piggy wiggy flue?
    This little drug company went to market. . .
    (The stockpile of useless Tamiflu shots will be past their, even more useless, 'use by' date soon).

Yes water born diseases and malaria are a much bigger problem.( Bill Gates is doing a great job here even if he did create the evil Windows).
    But that is mostly in Africa so it doesn't count.

O yes and masks, unless they are of surgical quality, are useless.

Permaculturalists might like to look up the hundreds of anti-viral plants available.

3. Michaelangelica

My favourite comic has something to say on the subject.

[​IMG]
    https://xkcd.com/574/

4. ho-hum

ho-hum New Member

Heuristics,

Great to see you back on the forum and in full flight.

It bothers me when I heard about swine flu and the missing samples from Ft Dietrich in the USA. I am not connecting the dots but I really do have a nagging sense of unease when I hear these things have appeared.

cheers,

5. Dalzieldrin

Dalzieldrin Junior Member

1918 - the red baron dies in action
    1918 - outbreak of spanish flu

coincidence?

6. Pablito

Pablito Junior Member

I know that the WHO has come out and said there is no need to cull pigs over this, as the virus appears to be a mix of human, avian and human flu virus, but Egypt has done them all in anyway. Might be a way of keeping a large part of the government's constituency happy, but nit's not going to do anything about reducing the incidence of the flu.
    That news got me thinking about the "contingency plans" that are often bandied about during times of anxiety about potential pandemics. Remember birdflu? The recommended course of action, as I understand it, was for massive culling of anything with feathers that might, perhaps, have come into contact with infected birds. Now that's probably defensible. But I read several government plans, at the time of the scare, that called for all poultry stock to be brought indoors into intensive systems. Now, I'm not very bright, but I thought that would be a great way of spreading the disease: put all the potential patients together in one ward, breathing the same air, inhaling each others dust and crap, sharing the same food and water, prevent them from having any hope of a naturally healthy life of sunlight, dustbaths, self-medicating through green pick etc, then hope they don't get sick.
    At least with this flu, the non-swine flu according to the WHO, there has been a tendency to isolate human sufferers at home, sending monitoring medical staff to them, rather than putting the sufferers in hospitals where they can infect plenty of people whose health is already dodgy. A rational response, it seems to me. And it seems to be working: the WHO seems to think the infection rate is slowing, and here's hoping that they're right. Is it possible that we could apply the same logic to potential animal-related infectious diseases? Encourage more free-ranging, monitoring animals for signs of illness and then, if they are sick isolating/culling them while leaving their fellows to get on with a healthy lifestyle.

7. Angel06

Angel06 Junior Member

Swine influenza (also called swine flu, pigfluenza, hog flu, and pig flu) refers to influenza caused by those strains of influenza virus that usually infect pigs and are called swine influenza virus (SIV). It really made a big issue in Mexico. It kills a lot of people there because of this viruses coming from the pigs.

8. Michaelangelica

i don't think anyone ment to depreciate the tragic, unexpected lost, of the 100+ families in Mexico.
    It is just that the media has had such an "over-the-top" response to it all, when most people have more chance of being run over by a bus.
    https://www.who.int/whr/en/index.html
    Malaria is a major world killer, while governments dither we thak God for Bill Gates Foundation (though not just Bill any more, other millionaires have come to the party) and its funding of research in this area that may lead to a break though soon. It is usually the trendy 'white' diseases that get the funding.
    This information you may find instructive.
    The top 10 causes of death
    Download this fact sheet [pdf 201kb]
    The 10 leading causes of death by broad income group (2004)

Low-income countries Deaths in millions % of deaths
    Lower respiratory infections 2.94 11.2
    Coronary heart disease 2.47 9.4
    Diarrhoeal diseases 1.81 6.9
    HIV/AIDS 1.51 5.7
    Stroke and other cerebrovascular diseases 1.48 5.6
    Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 0.94 3.6
    Tuberculosis 0.91 3.5
    Neonatal infections 0.90 3.4
    Malaria 0.86 3.3
    Prematurity and low birth weight 0.84 3.2

Middle-income countries Deaths in millions % of deaths
    Stroke and other cerebrovascular disease 3.47 14.2
    Coronary heart disease 3.40 13.9
    Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 1.80 7.4
    Lower respiratory infection 0.92 3.8
    Trachea, bronchus, lung cancers 0.69 2.9
    Road traffic accidents 0.67 2.8
    Hypertensive heart disease 0.62 2.5
    Stomach cancer 0.55 2.2
    Tuberculosis 0.54 2.2
    Diabetes mellitus 0.52 2.1

High-income countries Deaths in millions % of deaths
    Coronary heart disease 1.33 16.3
    Stroke and other cerebrovascular diseases 0.76 9.3
    Trachea, bronchus, lung cancers 0.48 5.9
    Lower respiratory infections 0.31 3.8
    Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 0.29 3.5
    Alzheimer and other dementias 0.28 3.4
    Colon and rectum cancers 0.27 3.3
    Diabetes mellitus 0.22 2.8
    Breast cancer 0.16 2.0
    Stomach cancer 0.14 1.8

World Deaths in millions % of deaths
    Coronary heart disease 7.20 12.2
    Stroke and other cerebrovascular diseases 5.71 9.7
    Lower respiratory infections 4.18 7.1
    Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 3.02 5.1
    Diarrhoeal diseases 2.16 3.7
    HIV/AIDS 2.04 3.5
    Tuberculosis 1.46 2.5
    Trachea, bronchus, lung cancers 1.32 2.3
    Road traffic accidents 1.27 2.2
    Prematurity and low birth weight 1.18 2.0

The top 10 causes of death: 1,2,3,4,5 | Death distribution

© WHO 2009
    https://www.who.int/mediacentre/factshee ... index.html
    [​IMG]
    https://www.who.int/mediacentre/factshee ... ndex1.html

In the meantime we need to keep some sense of perspective, not be pannicked by governments and irresponsible media and above all keep our sense of humour.
    (if you haven't read the book this will mean little to you -so go read the book the number One classic of english literature -forget Shakespeare a mere hack by comparison! :) )
    [​IMG]

9. Dalzieldrin

how are the stats about cardiovascular disease relevant to swine flu? the number one killer in developed nations could be alzheimers, for all the difference it makes to the fact that there is a real risk of an imminent pandemic for which the population has no immunity

you can rely on the media to repond OTT to whatever happens, crisis or not, hardly an issue there

the gov't is responding to the threat of a crisis...there would be hell to pay if they weren't

10. Michaelangelica

Yes, but Madame Currie was still fortunate that she was run over and killed by a bus.

Human Swine Flu Cases With Unique Strain Raise Concern (Though The Possibility Was Mentioned Over A Year Ago)
    https://www.scientificblogging.com/news_ ... r_year_ago
    Testing is under way to learn whether the two viruses are susceptible to the neuraminidase inhibitor drugs oseltamivir and zanamivir.
    https://business.theage.com.au/business/ ... -ajw5.html
    https://wildalchemist.blogspot.com/2009/ ... u-and.html
    Herbal anti-virals, a start of a list
    https://hypography.com/forums/medical-sc ... lants.html

11. janahn

janahn Junior Member

the sars virus which was in asia mostly didnt claim any lives (or maybe 1-2) in korea.
    most koreans eat lots of kim chi (3 times a day) a fermented cabbage dish. this was attributed by some to their healthy immune systems.
    i agree. i once had a swollen bone on my leg for months after an accident. after eating my home made kim chi the swelling disappeared in 48 hours.

on a lighter note, authorities closed a dublin cordial factory during the sars outbreak....

Regards Leo Mahon

12. Michaelangelica

LOL
    There would have been a riot if they tried to close the Guinness factory!

So Snoopy was right about the evil Red Baron all along!

Invention of the syringe American Civil War
    Masses of soldiers, Americans become addicted to opiates which carries over into their private lives. The beginning of the "drug problem" in the States.
    Coincidence?

13. Dalzieldrin

In 1821 Missouri Indian trader William Becknell arrives in Santa Fe, New Mexico, sells his goods at an enormous profit, and makes plans to return the next year over the route that will become known as the Santa Fe Trail

And in the same year Napoleon Bonaparte died on the island of St. Helena, where he had been in exile

Coincidence?

14. Dalzieldrin

I would love to know which government, and for that matter which government department was quoted as saying this:

"What does our federal government do about this? It keeps its people in the dark.
    It says, "Make sure you keep those people ignorant about antiviral herbs; we couldn't give any credence to herbal medicine, because that might hurt the profits of vaccine companies.
    That might hurt the profits from the sale of the Tamiflu. It might discredit conventional medicine if we told people the truth. So, we've got to keep people in the dark."
    "

Does your source give this information, Linus?

15. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

Well actually - the more you read and research the more you discover how fantastic and outrageous some government practices and policies are.
    Try this website for size: https://www.democrats.com/node/15887

Here's an example of the info they have:
    In December 2007, a federal judge dismissed a lawsuit brought by the widows of five veterans who died after being enrolled in fraudulent drug studies at the Stratton VA Medical Center in Albany, NY.
    Stratton had been plagued by allegations of research violations from the early 1990s. Then in 1999, the facility hired Paul Kornak to be its Research Coordinator, despite the fact that Kornak had forged his credentials, falsified his college transcript and been arrested in Pennsylvania years earlier for related fraud. Apparently, background checks for health professionals were minimal at Stratton VA Medical Center.
    From 1999-2003, Kornak falsified veterans’ medical records at Stratton, inappropriately enrolling them in studies for drug marketability. In 2001, for example, Stratton tested a powerful three-drug chemotherapy combination on Carl M. Steubing, a 78-year-old Battle of the Bulge veteran, despite his previous bout with cancer and poor kidney function.
    Steubing died in early 2002. His widow still wonders if the fraudulent human-test studies at Stratton cost her husband his life.
    In court, the five widows’ lawyer argued that Stratton "committed every kind of research ethics violation imaginable," adding "when you use individuals, humans, as guinea pigs, you do them harm."
    The US government responded by saying there was no way to prove the veterans had experienced pain or died early as a result of the corrupt drug experiments.
    Case closed.

Here's another snippet from the same website:

Open-air testing of chemical and biological (CB) agents:
    After 6,000 sheep died following the apparent release of a nerve agent at an Army facility in Utah in 1969, open-air testing was officially said to have ended in the US.
    But the Defense Department’s April 2007 report to Congress on "Chemical and Biological Defense" strongly suggests an imminent resumption.
    According to Francis A. Boyle, Professor of International Law at the University of Illinois College of Law and author of the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989, at least three passages of the Pentagon’s 2007 report indicate a planned continuance of open-air testing.

But wait, there's more:

Gassing Crystal City
    In May 2007, just one month after the Defense Department’s controversial report to Congress, the Pentagon quietly announced it would release "a dust simulating a biological attack in the Pentagon South Parking Lot." The stated purpose was to study "the subsequent clean-up of roadways, people and equipment after the release."
    The announcement cryptically described the "dust" as containing "a harmless inert bacterium found in soil, water and air."
    Kirt P. Love, Director of the Desert Storm Battle Registry (DSBR), a Gulf War veterans’ group dealing with the exposures of the 1991 conflict, repeatedly phoned the Pentagon to clarify exactly what "dust" would be used in the imminent open-air test.
    He soon found, however, that "the departments involved were not communicating with each other … only the people who handled the agent knew anything."
    Love described the situation as "disquieting" and said, "I thought this was very unfair to the Pentagon Police and other innocent bystanders who didn't need to be kept in the dark about this. How could they conduct an open air test of a microbe and not tell people what it was up front?"
    Eventually, Love’s phone calls paid off. A Pentagon representative told him the substance to be tested was Bacillus Subtilis, which intriguingly, was also used during the US military’s Project SHAD human testing in the 1960s-70s.
    The Pentagon’s announcement was correct in saying that Bacillus Subtilis is found in soil. It failed to mention, however, that the bacterium has been linked to pulmonary disease and irreversible lung damage.
    The Defense Department quietly carried out its Bacillus Subtilis release in early June 2007. A Pentagon spokesperson would not confirm if the roughly 50 test subjects and numerous bystanders had been informed about the possible health risks.

And the open air tests continue.

Reading further, still another snippet:

And the open air tests continue.
    In the next few days, the Pentagon is slated to release perfluorocarbon tracers and sulfur hexafluoride in Crystal City, Virginia.
    Dubbed "Urban Shield: Crystal City Urban Transport Study," the operation will test the effectiveness of the city’s chemical sensors, and according to The Examiner newspaper, "the data will help the Pentagon and Arlington shape their lockdown policies for chemical and biological attacks or accidents." Lockdown policies.
    According to a Pentagon press release from late February 2008, the study "will involve releasing a colorless, odorless, tasteless, and inert tracer gas that poses no health or safety hazards to people or the environment."
    But it’s not quite that simple. Sulfur hexafluoride is a suspected respiratory toxicant; as such, exposure in certain amounts may be especially harmful for those with asthma, emphysema and other respiratory issues. It also is a suspected neurotoxicant, with potential untold consequences for the nervous systems of those vulnerable.
    That part is left out of the Pentagon’s press release.
    Crystal City is one of the "urban villages" of Arlington County, Virginia. It features upscale offices and residential areas - in other words a lot of civilians. You would think that if the Pentagon is releasing suspected toxicants into such a compressed urban area there would be more warning about potential health risks.
    Yet repeated phone calls to the Pentagon yesterday yielded no results. The Force Protection Agency seemed unaware of the upcoming test and the press office was of no help either. No one could - or would - answer basic questions such as how many people could be exposed in the open-air test, if any attempt had been made to brief citizens on potential health risks or if there would be any medical follow-up provided.
    Perfectly legal.

more:.....

The Pentagon’s laissez faire approach to these open-air tests raises questions about the possibilities for further testing on the general US population.
    There is a tricky clause in Chapter 32/Title 50 of the United States Code (the aggregation of US general and permanent laws). Specifically, Section 1520a lists the following cases in which the Secretary of Defense can conduct a chemical or biological agent test or experiment on humans if informed consent has been obtained:

((I've skips a bit here - but check the link for the clauses........))

In other words, there are many circumstances under which the Secretary of Defense can test chemical or biological agents on human beings, but at least informed consent has to be obtained in advance.
    Or does it?. Section 1515, another part of Chapter 32, is entitled "Suspension; Presidential authorization" and says:
    After November 19, 1969, the operation of this chapter, or any portion thereof, may be suspended by the President during the period of any war declared by Congress and during the period of any national emergency declared by Congress or by the President.
    Essentially, if the President or Congress decides that we are at war then the Secretary of Defense does not need anybody’s consent to test chemical or biological agents on human beings. Gives one pause during these days of a perpetual "war on terror."
    Ominously, in June 2007, National Intelligence Director Mike McConnell gained White House approval to update a 1981 presidential order on how US spy agencies operate. Potentially up for review in the highly secretive overhaul, referred to as Order 12333, is the topic of human experimentation.

A surge in US WMD spending

The Bush administration has quietly channeled tens of billions of dollars into chemical and biological weapons. Bush’s 2007 budget, for example, earmarked almost $2 billion for biodefense research and development via the National Institutes of Health alone.
    Research aims are often dubious. In October 2005, for example, US scientists resurrected the 1918 Spanish flu, a virus which had killed almost 50 million people. And a virologist in St. Louis has been working on a more lethal form of mousepox (related to smallpox) just to try stopping the virus once it has been created.
    Since the R&D is top secret and oversight limited, the public is rarely aware of escalating dangers. As of August 2007, for example, biological weapons laboratories across the country had reported 36 lost shipments and accidents for that year, almost double the number for all of 2004.
    In addition to challenging international non-proliferation agreements and risking a global arms race, the Bush administration’s surge in chemical and biological weapons spending raises questions over what deadly weapons may have been tested on populations abroad. And what may be tested domestically, with or without the public’s consent.

The point is well made here that govts - including the US govt - DONT inform their voters and in many cases act to conceal their activities from the electorate. Presumably a well-informed electorate would not tolerate or permit such activities.

Want to know more about what goes on behind the scenes in government?
    Read "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" by John Perkins
    "Armed Madhouse" by Greg Palast -
    others to include in your check-list are John Pilger and George Soros, to name but a few.

If you want to inform yourself about what is "really" going on in the "War on Terror" as we progress through Peak Oil, this is the forum for you..!

16. Dalzieldrin

well, the more research i do (and, come to think of it, not a lot by way of google) the more i come to realise that if it weren't for government intervention we'd all have new ones reamed out for us _and_ be paying for the 'privelige'

"Presumably a well-informed electorate would not tolerate or permit such activities"

a well-informed electorate would also understand all the good things being done in its name by those it has elected

17. JoanVL

JoanVL Junior Member

Here's another take on swine flu. The cause seems to be quite appalling. The effect is a beat up - so many people die of unnamed flu viruses all the time.

Here's the full Email from Avaaz:

Dear friends,

No-one yet knows whether swine flu will become a global pandemic, but it is becoming clear where it came from – most likely a giant pig factory farm run by an American multinational corporation in Veracruz, Mexico.(1)

These factory farms are disgusting and dangerous, and they're rapidly multiplying. Thousands of pigs are brutally crammed into dirty warehouses and sprayed with a cocktail of drugs -- posing a health risk to more than just our food -- they and their manure lagoons create the perfect conditions to breed dangerous new viruses like swine flu. The World Health Organization (WHO) and the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) must investigate and develop regulations for these farms to protect global health.

Big agrobusiness will try to obstruct and scuttle any attempts at reform, so we need a massive outcry that health authorities can't ignore. Sign the petition below for investigation and regulation of factory farms and tell your friends and family and we will deliver it to the UN agencies. If we reach 200,000 signatures we will deliver it to the WHO in Geneva with a herd of cardboard pigs. For every 1000 petition signatures we will add a pig to the herd:

https://www.avaaz.org/en/swine_flu_pande ... 850447ec8a

Last week the flu was all that we talked about -- Mexico has been nearly paralysed and across the world leaders halted air travel, banned pork imports and initiated drastic controls to mitigate the spreading virus. As the threat shows signs of subsiding the question becomes where it came from and how we stop another outbreak.

Smithfield Corporation, the largest pig producer in the world whose farm is being fingered as the source of the H1N1 outbreak, denies any connection between their pigs and the flu and big agrobusiness worldwide pays huge sums of money for research to argue that biosafety is ensured in industrial hog production. But the WHO has been saying for years that 'a new pandemic is inevitable'(2) and experts from the European Commission and the FAO have cautioned that the rapid move from small holdings to industrial pig production is in fact increasing the risk of development and transmission of disease epidemics. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warn that scientists still do not know the extent that infectious compounds produced in factory farms affect human health.(3)

Studies abound of the horrific conditions endured by pigs in concentrated large-scale operations, and the devastating economic impact on small farmer communities of bloated large-scale operations.(4) Smithfield itself has already been fined $12.6m and is currently under another federal investigation in the US for toxic environmental damage from pig excrement lakes.(5)

But even with all of this damaging evidence, a combination of increased global meat consumption and a powerful industry motivated by profit at the cost of human health, means that instead of being shut down - these sickening factory farm operations are propagating around the world and we are subsidising them (6). In the wake of this swine flu threat, let's hold industrial pig producers to account. Sign the petition for investigation and regulation:

If we resolve this global health crisis boldly by reassessing our food consumption and production, and urgently calling for an inquiry into the impact of factory farms on human health, we could put in place tough farm practice rules that will save the global population from future animal borne lethal pandemics.

in hope,

18. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

Found this on the Food Matters Website.:

Go BackSwine Flu – What You've Not Been Told
    By Mike Adams

If you read the stories on H1N1 influenza written by the mainstream media, you might incorrectly think there's only one anti-viral drug in the world. It's name is Tamiflu and it's in short supply.

That's astonishing to hear because the world is full of anti-viral medicine found in tens of thousands of different plants. Culinary herbs like thyme, sage and rosemary are anti-viral. Berries and sprouts are anti-viral. Garlic, ginger and onions are anti-viral. You can't walk through a grocery store without walking past a hundred or more anti-viral medicines made by Mother Nature.

And yet how many does the mainstream media mention? Zero.

The totality of influenza preparedness is defined by the mainstream media as the number of doses of Tamiflu a nation has stockpiled. To live in a world that's saturated with natural anti-viral medicine and then not even acknowledge it in the media is beyond bizarre. It's Twilight Zone-like. It's like we've been teleported to an alternate universe where anti-viral plants have disappeared... or at least everyone is pretending they have.

Where do you think Tamiflu comes from, by the way?

It's extracted from the Traditional Chinese Medicine herb called Star Anise. It's one of hundreds of different anti-viral herbs found in Chinese Medicine, not to even mention anti-viral herbs from South America, North America, Australia, Africa and other regions.

I find it downright comedic that Big Pharma and the world's health authorities extract their "champion" anti-viral drug Tamiflu from a Chinese Medicine herb, and then they go out of their way to announce to people that herbs and natural remedies are useless against influenza. If that's the case then why are they using herbs to make their own medicine?

How many stories have you read that bother to tell you Tamiflu is made from the star anise herb that's been used for over 5,000 years in Traditional Chinese Medicine? Virtually none. The powers that be don't want anybody to know they could actually grow their own medicine in a garden or a windowsill. If you can grow cilantro, you can grow medicine. If everybody figured that out, Big Pharma wouldn't be reaping the enormous profits it's making right now from Tamiflu sales, and the governments of the world wouldn't be able to scare and control people by promising to distribute Tamiflu (but only if you behave).

H1N1 influenza is not a hoax. But the way it's being reported by health authorities and the mainstream media certainly is. The scam in all this is what they leave out of the stories -- the fact that human beings live among a huge natural medicine chest of anti-viral drugs found in every city park, every forest, every swamp and every open field.

You cannot walk across any patch of natural land in America and NOT find anti-viral medicine. It's everywhere! It's in the weeds growing in the cracks in the sidewalks; it's in weeds on the side of the stream; and it's growing in the small patch of dirt left remaining in the median between highway lanes. In the deserts of the American Southwest, you can't even drive to work without passing mile after mile of abundant anti-viral medicine grown by Mother Nature and just waiting for humans to wake up and be smart enough to recognize it.

Source: www.naturalnews.com

19. Michaelangelica

https://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80bea ... rom-a-lab/

https://www.naturalnews.com/Report_Anti- ... nza_5.html

20. jaisely

jaisely New Member

How did the mutant swine flu start suddenly in Mexico ? t was a terrorist attack! The puppet government of Cuba behind the bacteriological/biological terrorist attack against Mexico! Swine flu affects pigs. But it was modified in labs to make it affect humans. Mexico suspect in Cuba's clandestine labs.