students of sustainability conference

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by dewbee, Jul 7, 2006.

1. dewbee

dewbee Junior Member

2. Boab

Boab Junior Member

And one of the most disorganised, misinformed events I've ever attended.

My 2c.
    :D

3. Cornonthecob

Cornonthecob Junior Member

Another group pushing their own barrow.

Still each to their own.

4. dewbee

dewbee Junior Member

SOS

Weeeell, i guess it was nice to catch up with people who i hadn't seen for years, it was nice to see what they'd been doing with their lives all this time. I don't think that it was that misinformed.... i didn't think that it was that disorganised... there will allways be the political element of barrow-pushing in any of these issues... i think that it is up to the individual to make up their own mind about what is happening.
    I met some amazing young highly motivated and responsibly educated people, which made me feel that something is being done, despite how awful things may appear. I think some progress of the sort that needs to happen is being made. I found a positive experience in the whole thing.... i think that the networking that this event allows and encourages and exists for is important on a personal and social level... i am sorry you found the event uninspiring!
    cheers.

5. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

So Boab, this conference was worse than the PDC at NSCF? Mate, what have you ever organised that you are so quick to bash everyone else's efforts? No offence and please - that isn't meant as a rhetorical question; if you are a great organiser, I am interested to hear about your successes, and how you feel these community organisations can do better.