Steer me to some great PC sites, please

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by heuristics, Nov 15, 2005.

1. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

I am completing a course, and have to hand in the ubiquitous final assigment.
    Part of my report will have the topic "An Overview of Permaculture Exhibition Farms Around Australia".
    I am googling, of course, but does anyone have any info or websites on permaculture properties that they can recommend?
    I intend to include CERES in Melb (OK its not pure PC, but it'll do for my purposes - which is to get the paper written, submitted and this monkey off my back). So folks, any suggestions of permie properties - small, large, still developing?
    Will be for sure citing your work Joel - from your website, and fully referenced.

2. forest

forest Junior Member

3. wwoofertobe

wwoofertobe Junior Member

hey heuristics, there is a permaculture display garden a ryde tafe its not very big (size of a back yard) it may lead on to more info. its linked to permaculture north- they have a website, google it...

i'm a westy too, where are you doing your course? is it a pdc?

4. Douglas J.E. Barnes

Douglas J.E. Barnes Junior Member

I don't know if it helps, but the Northey Street City Farm in Brisbane is quite good.

5. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

6. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

Steer me to some great PC sites, please

Thanks guys,
    Keep 'em coming
    Much appreciated

7. Franceyne

Franceyne Junior Member

If you have a look at the Community Foods site under Victoria there is a great little community permaculture project in Bendigo called Gravel Hill...

It has been running for nearly 6 years.

8. Dani

Dani Junior Member

9. seussrules

seussrules Junior Member

Heuristics, about 12 years ago (goddess, I am getting old!) I was involved in establishing a permaculture garden at UNSW. It has gone from strength to strength and is now part of a borader endeavour, the UNSW Ecoliving Centre. You can find info about them at https://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgu ... D%26sa%3DG

Cameron Little, who manages the site, is a top bloke and always happy to share info, time permitting.

:)

10. seussrules

seussrules Junior Member

11. sab

sab Junior Member

12. earthbound

earthbound Junior Member

13. christopher

christopher Junior Member

14. heuristics

heuristics Junior Member

Steer me to some great Pc sites

Team, you really came thru for me. If only completely the rest of the prescribed course work was so easy-peasy.

Turnstile: I am doing the Small Farms Course at Richmond TAFE. It is so NOT PCD - but there is an organic farming course they offer and I might consider that for next year, 'cept it is taught by this same tutor and he isn't much of a communicator. (Also he is so loves Round-up he almost bathes in it (Joke, Joke,) so I wonder how he can then in all conscience teach organic farming).

I've tried a couple of times to do the Ryde permie course. Even went so far as to enrol, arrange to take Thursday 3/4 days for 10 weeks so I could go, only to have them cancel it the week it was supposed to start. Having fought and scratched to get the leave approved in such an unconventional chunk, I had to take it, so when the course eventually DID run - I had no leave owing and couldnt go. Purportedly there is a Sat morning course, but I haven't been able to organise my life to take advantage of that either - 2006, maybe.

Anyway, thanks everyone. Suggest other posters check out some of the suggested sites. They are good.

15. bazman

bazman Junior Member

16. wwoofertobe

wwoofertobe Junior Member

i'm doing the organic farming course, my teacher doesn't sound like he uses chemicals, there might be another class and teacher spraying chems around (or maybe he's a closet user :lol: ). i did the permie course a couple of years ago, it was worth doing- lots of info and a great teacher.