Southern cross permaculture institute PDC

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by macey, Feb 12, 2014.

1. macey

macey Junior Member

Hey guys,

just a quick plug for SCPI's upcoming Pdc.

Rick and Naomi run PDC's twice yearly on their 10 acre property that has been designed and implemented over the last 20 years!

the next course is running from the 21st march until the 5th April and is an opportunity to do your PDC with one of the longest running education providers in Victoria (aus).
    The course itself is a great mixture of classroom, practical, site visits and design projects and caters for all learning styles.

There are a range of guest teachers including architects who design Eco friendly buildings using sustainable materials and the guys from CERES talking urban strategies and community initiatives.

you also get to learn from Rick who is undoubtably one of the premiere Permaculture consultants in this area, especially in overseas development work as well as having the broadest of knowledge on plants and planting systems.
    I did my PDC with these guys 4 years back and have returned every course since to help out and teach......I can't recommend it highly enough!!!!

please check out their website for more info https://www.southerncrosspermaculture.com.au/welcome/

if you are looking for an amazing residential PDC this May be the one!

2. Mirrabooka

Mirrabooka Junior Member

I did my PDC with Rick, Naomi and colleagues at Lorinna in Tassie a few years ago. The fortnight with Rick and Co is one of my most memorable and treasured experiences.
    I can also thoroughly recommend the course.
    I hope a trip to The Botanical Ark with Steve La Valley is still on Rick's schedule for the upcoming course, Steve knows trees...
    ...and that Kat will be baking morning tea!

3. macey

macey Junior Member

Botanic arc defiantly is still part of the course!

4. andrew curr

andrew curr Moderator

Is the botanical arc the planting at Warrigal?