Share Your Permaculture Knowledge and Get Paid for It!

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by CraigMackintosh, Aug 19, 2010.

1. CraigMackintosh

CraigMackintosh *****

This is an announcement to advise that the PRI has now started to pay permaculturists to write articles for our main blog: www.permaculturenews.org

Some of you guys and gals have immense permaculture experience and expertise. We want to see this knowledge getting put out there as fast as possible - and so we offer the carrot of payment to encourage you to break out your quills and ink and pass your knowledge on to a world that desperately needs it.

Our site traffic is higher than ever. There's no time like the present to leverage this and start sharing with our fellow humans.

I'm particularly keen to see lots of practical 'how to' type articles - which would suit many of you, and which I will likely consolidate into a single 'how to' page linking to each article for people to browse once we have enough - but also other articles on world issues (peak oil, transition initiatives, alternatives to current economic/political systems, etc. etc.).

Please click on the following link to learn more and I look forward to helping you share your valuable knowledge soon!

https://permaculturenews.org/2010/08/18/get-paid-to-share-your-permaculture-passion-with-the-world/

Thanks all

Craig Mackintosh

2. mike

mike Junior Member

Yo, Craig( i thought this post deserved at least one reply)

purplepear likes this.
  3. Lumbuck Thornton

Lumbuck Thornton Junior Member

Has there been anything written about how permaculture ideas evolve from

- an observation or thought,
    - a converstation,
    - an article
    - research or collaboration
    - publishing in a book or training notes

(Not necessarily all in this order!)

I guess the whole idea of permaculture started off this way. How should we refine and develop Permaculture to challange the non-permacultures to face up to their responsibilities.

There are Practices, Projects and Promotions that need perfecting and these can happen through lots of different pathways.

This forum is tremendous and there might be opportunity to collaboratively construct and write articles, songs and research projects in this environment.

Many permaculture projects are long distances away or hidden away in remote locations so some more public interation is going to be needed and carefully planned before the time runs out.

Is there any drafting of propective articles, songs or research ideas on this forum or is it better done behind the scenes or in consultation with editors?

Cheers Lumbuck

4. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

mmm the way i see it, it took from gaia, fukuoka, organic and some other practices, got called permaculture aka permanent culture aka permanent agriculture, and introduced on the TV audience about 30 years ago with mr molleson throwing and old inner spring mattress onto the ground planting a banana into it and mulching the whole kit and caboodle. never ever got to the stage of converting grass roots level wholesale when the lets sell it push came in.

len

5. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    warm temperate - some frost - changing every year
    "Be Content With What You Have And
    May You Find Serenity and Tranquillity In
    A World That You May Not Understand."

6. mischief

mischief Senior Member

s/e
    Climate:
    Cool mountain
    @PP thats nice, I like that.

@Craig,hmmm, how much???
    I could probably tell everybody what not to do rather than what to do though.

7. S.O.P

S.O.P Moderator

'Swale Fail' was a popular article on the frontpage. Got a ton of comments (even Geoff had a go) so your idea has merit, mischief (not saying that you are the person to fail the most, or the best at failing).

8. Robert Knops

Robert Knops Junior Member

I think it's interesting to write something for you. For example about the paleolithic diet how you can eat by it. But is your name also showen? I'm not interested in money because it is distroying us and in some way even permaculture. I could also write something about how distractive people can be wenn living in a form where there is a leader. I think Isla de Pascua is a good example of what were doing and the maya's are also a good example. The maya's are getting a lot of good feedback while they distroyed themselves and where not very peacefull at all. Ofcourse my English writing has to been over looked at and improved by someone else.

9. DC Brown

DC Brown Junior Member

Hi

I saw this article and wrote you folk an article about ideas for qualifying dynamic accumulators. I came back and the page to contribute work is not there. Are you still looking for contributing work?

I have identified patterns in plant nutrition now that echo the recent nature study where 1% of trees account for the majority of carbon fixation in the amazon. A small number of plants likewise can dominate specific nutrient acquisition in an ecosystem.

Let me know. It's almost time to start another article on 'The Trickle Down Theory of Plants' (name very likely will change but that's the idea).

10. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hi DC,
    I've sent a message to Jason regarding the contributing author's program and expect to hear back shortly. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    Bill

11. 9anda1f

Climate:
    DC Brown,
    The problem with the contributing author's page has been fixed ... give it a try now.
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
    Bill

12. DC Brown

DC Brown Junior Member

Thank you Bill, I appreciate it.

The editor may like to check their 'junk mail' folder for an email from comedynz. It is not spam, it is my article. I moonlight as an eejit, hence the email address...

Dean.

13. Earths Tongue

Earths Tongue New Member

Climate:
    mushroom
    Thank you , I really appreciate it.

14. Skimoles

Skimoles New Member

Consultant on Sustainable development.
    Climate:
    Tropical arid and semi arid.
    Hey Craig, is this information still Valid? i came across this the other day but it seems like none of the provided links are working, kindly advice

15. 9anda1f

Climate: