Seeking Permaculture Buddies in Cairo

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by StarrB., Feb 2, 2015.

1. StarrB.

StarrB. New Member

Home Page:
    Climate:
    Cold Temperate
    Hello, everyone! I have recently moved to Cairo, Egypt for a job, and am looking for Permie friends in the area. I did a PDC course with Geoff Lawton last October in Jordan, and some short term WWOOFing in Spain. I am currently working in the academic environmental and sustainable development feild, and trying to improve my permaculture skills and incorporate the principles into my work.

I have been reaching to friends and expat listervs about starting a group to make accessing seeds easier. Anybody interested in going in with the group to buy fruit and vegetable seeds, please contact me. The idea is to agree on desired species (probably over email), and then I will pick up the seeds (many only available in bulk), and then group members can meet me, pick up their share, and reimburse me. Hopefully, we'll also be resources for eachother in our urban gardening journeys.

I am also looking for anyone in the area with experience in straw bale, sand bang, or any other sustainable building construction. Contact me!

I look forward to meeting you all, be it virtually or in person!

~Starr

2. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hi Starr and welcome!
    What an interesting area of the world to be living! I'll imagine lots of opportunities to apply your skills in the Nile River valley, one of the homes of our agricultural beginnings. Post some pics!!
    Have you looked for Permaculture people and projects in the Worldwide Permaculture Network? https://permacultureglobal.org/