Science: Explained

Discussion in 'The big picture' started by 9anda1f, Sep 29, 2013.

1. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Humorous, but serious too, a description of a rational approach to life.

https://www.titaniumteddybear.net/2...gy-conspiracy-theories-and-science/#more-2501

2. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

g'day bill,

science offers a rational approach to life? how? it is all theory and myth, smoke and mirrors. they devised the term conspiracy theory because they deal in conspiracy and theory, and it is a good way to gag opposition, not very nice.

len

3. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

I think you are confusing actual science with the unethical application of scientific discovery Len. It's a bit like when people denounce your religion because the church did some bad things. The religion itself was not bad, it was the application of it. Science is neutral, it's use is not always so.

Get it?

4. Benjy136

Benjy136 Junior Member

Figures don't lie_________But Liars do figure______________From the most respected minds of their time "The Earth is flat"_______"The Sun, Moon and Stars revolve around the Earth"__________"(concerning the advent of the automobile) Man cannot travel faster than 40 miles per hour. The pressure would crush you"_____________" the eclipse (though they did not use that word) mean that the Gods were in need of human sacrifice"

Benjy

5. gardenlen

you still get it wrong grahame, my religion i belong to no man indoctrinated religion get it right. yes the1981/1491 unethical application of discovery ie.,. science and it hypo' theory on climate change full of deceit and many worship it. of course figures lie - in the hands of gov' they do they take stat's then make the result fit their claim, science does the same we need actual fact. yes flat earth science said a moving vehicle would kill all in it. the eclipse means nothing more than one planet has crossed the path of another pagans loved killing virgins. those flat earth scientists now upgraded to chicken littler's running madly around proclaiming the sky is falling while heads are removed. people are suffering illnesses that science has no idea about and don't want to know, they are only interested in pigeon holing for the convenience of science.

anyhow looks like the status quo remains, no moving forward.

len

6. milifestyle

milifestyle New Member

If you are so against Science, Len... what the heck are you doing using a computer... They don't grow on trees you know...

The ONLY thing that allows you to sit at your computer, mobile phone, tablet, iphone, laptop or whatever you use is Science and Education... If you think otherwise - please can I have some seeds to your computer tree...

7. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

And that's how we figured out how to fix sore teeth and hips.

8. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Senior Member

If you dont believe in science I probably wouldn't let the doctor do a prostate check it maybe seen as a sin.

9. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

10. gardenlen

more's the pity no shame that you can't find common ground, just post critical of your uncommon ground, find out how those scottish communities get along, what is their deep rooted common thread. no common threads here or in yankee land.

len

11. ecodharmamark

As the previous link suggests, there is very little common ground to be found between science and new earth creationism. But I'll keep trying...

I don't know about Scotland, perhaps you can enlighten us? However, I am very familiar with Lammas Ecovillage in Wales:

https://lammas.org.uk/

12. gardenlen

theree you go with your discrinatory judging, creationists are not new world ok! teh false science is new world being only around 300 to 600 years old.

so mark you have again kyboshed any thing in common by naming and in your words shaming. so east is east and west is west and never the twain shall meet, your world mark sadly. why didn't you research that scottish community see where they started from obvious it would not have been perma-c alone they would have had a common ground bond long before that, and who says the are new age evolutionists?

come outside your comfort zone and box friend. there is nothing going anywhere fast here.

why should i enlighten you about scotland? it was your friend paka' from the US who said about scotland, but you make it all my fault/blame so others will discount it on your say so. come out of hiding please

len

13. ecodharmamark

Sorry, my mistake. That should read Young Earth Creationism. This is the concept that you support, is not it, Len? That the Earth (and presumedly the entire Universe) is only 6,000-years old? Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Cheerio, Markos.