Rethinking Nuclear "Waste"

Discussion in 'Designing, building, making and powering your life' started by 9anda1f, Jul 14, 2013.

1. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    There's so much of it around ...
    Here's some folks with a plan for the "abundance" of spent nuclear fuel rods
    https://gizmodo.com/5990383/the-future-of-nuclear-power-runs-on-the-waste-of-our-nuclear-past

2. jeff

jeff Junior Member

I thought about the potential to heat my pool, but then I read..........."The Tansatomic system is also reputedly very user friendly thanks to a pair of idiot-proof safety features".

Run!

3. Unmutual

Unmutual Junior Member

That's actually cool. I'd rather use the waste than store it any day of the year.

4. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Seems a very permaculture approach - there is no such thing as waste - everything is a resource. Too much of an unused resource becomes pollution. So use the resources well and there is no pollution.

5. JohaneS

JohaneS New Member

nuclear waste

Recently, nuclear waste has been a hot topic. In fact, I have been reading several articles regarding the subject. It made me remember about this nuclear waste treatment facility in the south of France which was shaken by a blast. The explosion murdered one and injured four others. French authorities say that no radiation was released in the incident. France gets more of its power from nuclear sources than any nation on the planet. Radioactive waste is really dangerous not only to most forms of life but also to the environment. Furthermore, it is regulated by government agencies in order to protect human health and the environment as well.