recommend a PDC

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by macey, Feb 10, 2011.

1. macey

macey Junior Member

Hi guys, i'm looking for a good PDC near melbourne......
    any suggestions?

2. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    warm temperate - some frost - changing every year
    I did a search on WPN and it suggested Milkwood though I am not sure if Nick is going that way. You could check
    www.Milkwood.net

3. matto

matto Junior Member

I did the Central Victorian PDC with Beck Lowe and David Holmgren, plus many others! https://www.cydoniapermaculture.com.au/index.html Mine was in October, but I don't think she has this years ready.
    https://www.southerncrosspermaculture.com.au/pdc-courses/ would have been my second choice, down in Leongatha. I have heard great reports for Rick Coleman as a teacher, and he has teached luminaries such as Cam Wilson and Kat Lavers. You can do some work exchange for course fees on their permaculture property.
    Im keeping an eye on Darren Doherty www.permaculture.biz for mysecond PDC but he has been concentrating on Keyline and the regenag workshop series. When he teaches now he is doing , I think, 5 design projects over the two weeks. He lives in Bendigo.

4. macey

macey Junior Member

Thankyou so much guys.........
    i'll look into all all of these and see which fits the bill:clap:

5. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    You could always take a little holiday and come to the Hunter Valley and do one with Purple Pear, Macey. Just think a PDC in a mandala garden. Dreams are made of that sort of stuff.
    I'd put a link to our "events"page for shameless self promotion but suffice to follow the link below and negotiate your way to the info, nestled as it is amongst the great pages of other information. :)

6. macey

macey Junior Member

you know what purplepear..... i might just do that lol

7. Fernando Pessoa

Fernando Pessoa Junior Member

Macey
    You get great accommodation and Bio dynamics thrown in, the how to on Transition movements,permablitzing,bee keeping,Community supported agriculture,working nurseries,ducks and chickens ,mandalas it's a wonderland you name it.
    If they would only let me out,and they developed medication that was up to scratch I would take a PDC at Purples,usually I say go see Geoff but I think PP has a hell of a lot of practical advice and experience that not many other sites can match,recently I have sent a number of experienced woofers who have worked at a few sites (PRI included):clap: to Purples and they are still raving about it...........
    Best wishes
    Fernando Pessoa.:bow:

8. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Cheque's in the mail Fernando.

9. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

I think you need some pigs to round out the experience though Mark.... Everyone knows a farmer needs pigs.

10. macey

macey Junior Member

I've just booked my place on the Southerncross course in march..... i'm a firm believer in not ignoring signs chucked at me.....the PDC is running a bit over an hours drive from where I live so will give me ease of access as well as an insight into how the system they have there functions in exactly the same climatic zone etc. as I have. It starts at the end of my final week of employment with my current job and will give me the start I am after in all things permeculture having looked at the topics covered!!

I have definate plans for Mandala gardening on a slightly larger scale than my current beginning attempts, in the near future and with such glowing recommendations I think I'd be silly to ignor what you've got going on up in the Hunter PP!
    Expect to hear from me soon!
    Macey

11. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Rick and Naomi are great - you will do well and I look forward o seeing you in the fullness of time
    Mark