Property / land share investment opportunity...

Discussion in 'Buy, sell, trade, give away & exchange' started by LT., Aug 20, 2017.

1. LT.

LT. New Member

Climate:
    Sub-tropical / temperate
    Hi all....

I have the opportunity to invest in property and I've been on the merry search (on and off) now for several years, all over the planet. In February this year I recommenced my search in Australia and after traveling all over some the countryside with my very specific check list in hand, I've decided to listen to what the psychic chick in Eumundi told me :D... "start looking for people who are keen to pool cash resources in order to invest in property on a grander scale"....I've always been drawn to the idea of a multi-occupancy that enables the sharing of capital resources, but have shied away from the one's I've found in Australia for a variety of reasons. I'm leaning more perhaps towards a tenants in common arrangement at this stage, and I'm open to alternative suggestions. I'm sociable but I love my own space, and living with neighbours who respect each other's privacy is important to me.

I've concentrated my search so far along the east coast of Australia and I've been particularly drawn to south of the Border Ranges (Qld/NSW)...maybe because I'm familiar with it, maybe because it's a beautiful part of the planet with a great climate virtually all year round.

My property checklist:
    - at least 200m ASL (above sea level)
    - minimum 50 acres
    - good amount of flat / rolling / bush / forested / uncleared land.
    - fresh, dynamic water source, ie Spring water / spring dam
    - close to the source creek / river
    - safe space from land slippage or big scale seasonal washouts
    - safe space from floods and extreme weather (like melon sized hail)
    - neighbours who don't spray / contaminate the environment
    - appropriate for implementing a conservation / nature refuge agreement.​

The property 'rules':
    - no toxic chemicals EVER to be used on any kind of plant or animal deemed to be a pest
    - no toxic fertilisers EVER to be used on the soil
    - minimal use of non-renewable resources
    - no pesticides and/or pharmaceuticals to deal with ticks, fleas, parasites or disease
    - off grid​

My wish is to share a space with people who:
    - can see from outside the boxes
    - choose to live sustainably
    - value the innate intelligence in all things and who try to be tolerant and kind and balanced
    - have clever and interesting skills and aren't too shy to try clever and interesting things
    - embrace non-conventional methods as primary solutions for living healthfully
    - want to grow to live and grow to share
    - search for and embrace refreshing ways to create, use and share sustainable resources
    - want to be part of a community who understands permaculture and who are willing to adopt its principles in virtual totality
    - are open to living in a space that grows industrial and medicinal hemp, ie no criminal records (which would mean the end to a very nifty venture)
    - don't use non-biodegradable / non-toxic soaps, detergents, beauty products, personal care products etc..
    - adopt conscientious housing methods (eg made from sustainable resources)
    - realise the farce that civilisation has become and are willing to forgo the 'spoils' and the ''trappings' that have been disabling us collectively for eons
    - are open to the idea of developing or being involved or living alongside a health retreat / education centre./ eco-tourism venture​

A little about me:
    - I'm PD certified and experienced with urban permaculture in a sub-tropical (SE Qld) climate, and rural permaculture in tropical (Indonesia) and temperate (Tanzania / Brazil) climates.
    - I'm experienced with building construction / renovation using wood, fencing, bob-cats, concreting, tiling, renovating etc.. I've completed natural building workshops but haven't yet built using sustainable materials on a large scale.
    - I'm a nutritionist/health coach, health researcher and writer with interests and experience in:
    sustainable energy resources, traditional healing methods (eg acupuncture, plant medicine), alternative healing methods (eg homeopathy, sono-therapy, breath 'work', chromo-therapy, bio-resonance), medicinal herbs / bush medicine, essential oils and inter-species (animal) communication. ​
    - I don't watch television, use any social media or listen to crap radio / music and I thrive on the sounds that nature provides. I love to sing. I can't resist a good old Kirtan session. I enjoy playing acoustic guitar even though I'm pretty shit.
    - I won't eat soy products
    - I don't eat meat.
    - I'm not vegan.
    - I'm not vegetarian.
    - I'm an outspoken anti-vaccine advocate
    - I love cats.....:D

So if you've managed to read through all of this and are thinking to yourself 'Hmmm...I reckon I'd be OK with sharing a space with her', and if you're:
    - all cashed up
    - ready and willing to commit to sharing a property with a person whose very strong moral barometer makes her determined to be harmless to and respectful and considerate of all sentient beings, and who insists on the same from all who enter 'her' space
    - happy to invest in a property that one day you can rely on to fulfill your food / shelter / medicinal / spiritual needs
    - an awesome person / couple / family / team / investor who just want(s) to be involved...​
    ...get in touch....

Please keep in mind that I'm putting everything into this and won't risk investing with people whose relationship breakdowns are going to potentially threaten my livelihood...nice people in relationships with other nice people only please ;)

SherbanG likes this.
  2. Luke Ashleigh

Luke Ashleigh New Member

Climate:
    Sub tropical
    Hi Lt seen your post and liked your ideas. I am currently looking about at the moment in the Northern NSW region for land myself. Haven't really heard of share property or how it works. I am looking for a land that I can become reasonably self sufficient on ie solar, rainwater, alternative sewerage systems and building a place from scratch. Have good hand skills as I'm a former electrician and construction labourer. Would love to know how your search is going and any more info about land sharing.

SherbanG likes this.
  3. SherbanG

SherbanG New Member

Climate:
    Tropical/Sub
    Hi, I like your description and I won't go too much into myself but I'd tick most of those myself even though I'm still Babylon-bound for the foreseeable future. I'm a rank novice who's looking at investing at first in some kind of Permaculture community with a view to retirement there in about 15 years, or earlier if the SHTF. I'd be investing funds from my SMSF, a couple of $100k. As long as I'm with the right people on the right land, I'm going to be very happy. I'm open to any other offers.

4. allan Rush

allan Rush New Member

Climate:
    Headwaters of the Clarence River in Northern New South Wales
    Hi There,
    We have a large property (over 600 hectares) that we purchased many years ago on the Clarence River around Mount Ogilvie
    This was to be our retreat but circumstances have changed and our extended family have all gone there own ways now
    We are getting too old to take on such a project now and have decided to sell this dream
    However we are looking for like minded individuals or groups that will not destroy this incredible part of Australia
    We have put together a montage to give some idea of what we have there
    www.SwanReachRetreat.com.au
    If there is any interest please ring me on 0417494491
    Allan and Lindi Rush