Praise Saturn ?....Santa?...This some christian joke that Pagans don't get?

Discussion in 'General chat' started by kimbo.parker, Dec 26, 2011.

1. kimbo.parker

kimbo.parker Junior Member

Santa is saying praise Saturn for crying out loud!…and you tell your kids that?, right.

Pagans owned the 25 th Dec. for several reasons….

regardless of the astrological significance with the solstice, there was Saturnalia.

Saturnalia, a nice little Pagan festival, until..

along come the Christians looking for a date for the celebration of Jesus’s birthday,,,and they figure it would slot in nicely along side Saturn’s big day…..and ‘ they ‘sort of sneak it in to the later part of the day when hopefully everyone is too pissed to notice

Contrary to popular belief, the Bible doesn’t actually mention a specific date for Jesus’ birth. In fact, most historians believe he was probably born in the spring, hence the Bible’s description of shepherds herding animals.

But in the 4th century, when the Catholic Church decided to recognise Jesus’ birth as an official holiday, Pope Julius I chose December 25 for the Feast of the Nativity.

that the date happened to coincide with the pagan festival known as Saturnalia must have been pure coincidence.

Saturnalia became one of the most popular Roman festivals. It was marked by drunken orgies, tomfoolery and reversal of social roles, in which slaves and masters ostensibly switched places, much like the “Lord of Misrule” in later Christian celebrations.
    and then what is with this Santa Claus character and his ho, ho, ho bullshit.
    it is of course a coincidence that this was the Saturnalia greeting.
    the customary greeting for the occasion is a “Io, Saturnalia!” — Io (pronounced “e-o”) being “Latin” interjection related to “ho” (as in “Ho, praise to Saturn”).

2. kimbo.parker

Proud Pagan

I’m a Proud Pagan
    proud that i’m not part of a church that claims a monopoly on spirituality
    proud that i honour gods creation in nature
    proud that Pagans don’t rock up to your home pushing their shit to get god points like Jehovah’s Witness
    proud that there is room in my belief to effect self choice unlike Islam
    proud that i don’t subscribe to ‘ scripture on the run’ as the Christians with their plethora of sects making it up as they go along
    proud that Paganism is stable
    proud that Pagans don’t attract paedophiles like flies to a turd the way the Catholics do
    proud the way that Pagans don’t have Nations like Jews or Muslims or Christians
    proud the way that Pagans don’t kill other Pagans or other religions like Muslims and Christians do.
    Indeed, Paganism is gentle and spiritual and real – like Buddhism

3. Yukkuri_Kame

Yukkuri_Kame Junior Member

Dec 25th was also birthday of Mithra and a bunch of other deities born of virgin mothers prior to Jesus.

And this business about a bearded man flying through the sky on a sleigh pulled by reindeer, entering and exiting through a smokehole - if that isn't circumpolar shamanism I don't know what is.

If that's not bad enough, Saturnalia sounds vaguely like genitalia. With a capital G that rhymes with P that stands for pool. Oh, we got trouble in River City.

4. gardenlen

gardenlen Group for banned users

g'day kimbo,

did you not celebrate this pagan season in anyway? same with the feast of esta aka easter early in the year? teh reason back when pope george was in power he altered times by adding in dates to the calender so that esta and easter would not coincide like it did on one year at that point he posponed easter for 2 weeks, probably so teh christians wouldn't see that they were being duped.

me i thought it was in the 7th century that the pagan catholic church began appearing as having christian ideals, but no matter it happened. i don't think the true christians of the time were looking for a celebration date for Christ's birth, they would then have known that their God would surely not have his only Son born in the depths of winter.

the bloke in the red suit who has god like powers ie.,. knows the names and addresses of every child and knows if they have been naughty or nice, probably more comes from the celtic's of the north. and sainted by the catholic's (the pope does imagine his power is such that he can saint people) but here again there is a divide between the so called christian religions, that have all gone back to rome and are more following catholic doctrine, which i have been reliably told by a jesuit priest through a very staunch catholic follower, that how the church preaches is by its own doctrine it needs no scriptural support, which there is none.

i guess me and my wife are like you in some way we do not knock on doors or flog God's word on soap boxes, we try to live at peace with those around us, yes we have opposing beliefs but that surely is our right as much as you right.

muslims and buddhists are just that other religions, they all began after God and follow some of the early christian tenets, all i say to people who find those other religions attractive is, worship you own God. i mean the muslims are no better an example they have sonny and shiite factions/sects and they fight each other fiercely, they attack other religions based loosely on christianity, look at recent news topics, in afghanistan they even attacked a funeral service. and 5 minutes after the US pulled out of iraque there at each others throats again.

currently i am unaware of true christians being involved in the death of others, that goes against our ten commandments. there is a need in our belief that one needs to effect change for the better, and we have a natural choice to choose between good and evil, the later of course takes us away from our goal.

anyhow just having my say, hope i didn't get personal that was not my desire.

and yes deviates and abhorrent deviate actions are supported from this new style leadership, that has nothing to do with the Christians i know, that goes back to a leader who has no belief in God. we are a somewhat silent minority we have no lobbyists. we don't call for the lowering of the age of sexual consent, neither do the majority of heterosexuals out there. there is many other standards being eroded.

anyhow that's my say i guess, may you all enjoy a happy and prosperous new year, and get through this um! season safely.

Christ may have been born early autumn as well???? we aren't supposed to know and we don't need to know.

len

5. gardenlen

g'day kimbo,

this is how a friend replied to your post, hope it is easy to follow. we seem to have common ground as we are christians and ahve nought to do with sects or protestants nor the apostate religion.

anyhow copy as follows:

Pagans owned the 25 th Dec. for several reasons….

"The pagans are the ones that brought it into to church not the Christians" len added part of their bigger plan

regardless of the astrological significance with the solstice, there was Saturnalia.

"The 25th goes back to Babylon and was the birthday of son of the queen of heaven the pagan deity "

Saturnalia, a nice little Pagan festival, until..

along come the Christians looking for a date for the celebration of Jesus’s birthday,,,and they figure it would slot in nicely along side Saturn’s big day…..and ‘ they ‘sort of sneak it in to the later part of the day when hopefully everyone is too pissed to notice

'The true Christians never accepted the 25th Dec because they knew it was a pagan festival but the pagans brought it into the pagan church ( the Roman catholic church ) which they were happy to worship in because it reconised every false deity from the beginning of time."

Contrary to popular belief, the Bible doesn’t actually mention a specific date for Jesus’ birth. In fact, most historians believe he was probably born in the spring, hence the Bible’s description of shepherds herding animals.

"This is correct "

But in the 4th century, when the Catholic Church decided to recognise Jesus’ birth as an official holiday, Pope Julius I chose December 25 for the Feast of the Nativity.

"Thats right because the catholic church was out to destroy the true Christians hense adopting terms and dates that might help confuse."

that the date happened to coincide with the pagan festival known as Saturnalia must have been pure coincidence.

"Well planed "

Saturnalia became one of the most popular Roman festivals. It was marked by drunken orgies, tomfoolery and reversal of social roles, in which slaves and masters ostensibly switched places, much like the “Lord of Misrule” in later Christian celebrations.
    and then what is with this Santa Claus character and his ho, ho, ho bullshit.
    it is of course a coincidence that this was the Saturnalia greeting.
    the customary greeting for the occasion is a “Io, Saturnalia!” — Io (pronounced “e-o”) being “Latin” interjection related to “ho” (as in “Ho, praise to Saturn”).
    I’m a Proud Pagan
    proud that i’m not part of a church that claims a monopoly on spirituality
    proud that i honour gods creation in nature
    proud that Pagans don’t rock up to your home pushing their shit to get god points like Jehovah’s Witness
    proud that there is room in my belief to effect self choice unlike Islam
    proud that i don’t subscribe to ‘ scripture on the run’ as the Christians with their plethora of sects making it up as they go along
    proud that Paganism is stable
    proud that Pagans don’t attract paedophiles like flies to a turd the way the Catholics do
    proud the way that Pagans don’t have Nations like Jews or Muslims or Christians
    proud the way that Pagans don’t kill other Pagans or other religions like Muslims and Christians do.
    Indeed, Paganism is gentle and spiritual and real – like Buddhism

"In actual fact none of the true Christians have anything to do with any of the false religions mentioned above."

len

6. kimbo.parker

len, with respect, you sound a tad like a jehova's witness.
    you needn't declare anything to me that your not comfy with, but perhaps you could indicate ....am i hot, or am i cold.

7. gardenlen

well kimbo,

that is to be expected where people prop up their reasons for their beliefs, i did support the parts of you text that supported the truth in religion why and how.

and as for rating anothers comment no way jose i'll leave that up to others

and no we have nothing to do with any religions or sects.

also not sure if you are commenting on what my friend said or what i said??????

over and out

len

8. Ive Fargottin

Ive Fargottin Junior Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
    :y: Kimbo

Sounds like my kinda party!:party:

9. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Pagan huh? Well Blessed Be.

You er in the statement that the 25th was owned by Pagans. It was the solstice on the 22nd they did. In addition, it was pre-roman which is the party you are referring to. It was originally to Dionysus, and it was for a week. One week long drunken party / orgy. (Nonsexual meaning).

Whatever anyone celebrates, have a great, happy and healthy new year.

10. kimbo.parker

dam we are good at religious tolerance here - i feel we are, like all brothers (man),
    why dont't we seal this bond with a good old fashioned fish slap....
    len, you can do the honours if you like, rest of you chaps , nice straight line...
    Ive, you call 'pants down' when your ready.
    len, tight grip on the tail, and no pausing.

fish slap, fish slap, fish slap, fish slap, fish slap,fish slap,fish slap,fish slap

peace to all,

The Winking Jesus Fish
    :)

11. kimbo.parker

no eco
    you can not play
    it is secret mens business,....

unless you are exclusive brethren, of course [ ! ], you should have said so earlier.
    welcome,

12. Ive Fargottin

A Brief Guide To Religious Philosophies

Catholicism: If shit happens, I deserve it.

Protestantism: Shit won't happen if I work harder.

Judaism: Why does this shit always happen to me?

Buddhism: When shit happens, is it really shit?

Islam: If shit happens, take a hostage.

Hinduism: This shit happened before.

Hare Krishna: Shit happens Rama Lama Ding Dong.

Rastafarianism: Let's smoke this shit.

13. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Spoil sport. And no - not exclusive brethren, though I did once attend a service with a friend just out of interest. But the feminist in me couldn't cope with it.

When Ostara comes around again I'm not inviting you to my fertility rite. Naked frolicking is definitely one for the girls only.

14. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

G'day Ive

Welcome to the PRI Forum.

Please allow me to add a few related philosophies/ideologies:

Atheism: An acceptance that there is no credible scientific or factually reliable evidence for the existence of shit.

Anarchism: No gods, no masters... no shit!

Agnosticism: A view that the ultimate cause of shit and the essential nature of shit are unknown or unknowable.

Nihilism: Same shit, different day.

and back to where this thread began...

Paganism: A belief in varying/multiple depths/consistencies of shit.

Cheerio, Markos

15. ecodharmamark

ecodharmamark Junior Member

Sorry, just one more, my favourite...

Mutualism/Communalism: We're all in this shit together.

16. Ive Fargottin

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hi Markos,
    love ya work mate!
    thanks for the welcome.

17. kimbo.parker

markos is the smartest guy on this forum, i personaly shit when he comments on any thread i babbled at....

and as he rightly identifies in his encaptured quote; Pagans are the only ones that don't require a leap of faith.

ive, come back to the fish,

18. Pakanohida

Pakanohida Junior Member

Permaculturalist: Compost that shit 25:1

19. kimbo.parker

20. andrew curr

andrew curr Moderator

i am excommunicated from the catholic ch urch!

it wasnt difficult to achieve there are a numbber of ways to achieve this
    i found the experience quite liberating
    bit dissapointed i didnt get a ceremony like mary mCkillop but anyhow
    they apparently still count you even if you dont practice
    i quite like most religions ,just not the institutions !

i think it was george pells directive not to watch Avitar that pushed me over the edge!

Big E hug:clap:
    andrew