1. Eric John

Eric John New Member

SOS - Looking for someone to advise me in permaculture on city plot in Shelton, Washington. I am totally confused and do not want to make a mistake in my planning. I need someone to coach me.

Eric Wangen-Hoch (360)401-0371

2. permaculture.biz

permaculture.biz Junior Member

https://cli.re/RWPlace
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    Global
    G'day,

Why don't you do a Permaculture Design Course? Well-known Permaculture teacher Larry Santoyo in leading a PDC up your way in the not too distant future. Try him on [email protected] for more information.

Ciao,

Darren Doherty

3. 9anda1f

9anda1f Administrator Staff Member

Climate:
    Semi-Arid Shrub Steppe (BsK)
    Hi Eric,

I might propose that you have adequate time to "just be" with your property, do some reading, take some notes, and become comfortable with how you ultimately choose to approach your specific piece of land. It's late summer now, which would seem to give you much of the fall and winter to do your evaluations, in preparation for next spring.

Although I haven't yet, have you considered taking a Permaculture Design Course? Christopher of this forum wrote some very moving words in support of these courses in an earlier thread,
    His hearty endorsement has me on the lookout for a local course. Perhaps I'll see you there!
    9anda1f

4. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Yes i agree with the "taking time to do courses"

You can learn so much from a teacher....Yes well you can learn for nothing off us posters in here.... The PC teachers are certified Permie teachers ..

Some may think some of us need certifying

Tezza

5. Eric John

Eric John New Member

Thanks for feedback.

Hey thanks for quick responses. I guess what I am really asking for is someone who has done this with their own city property to meet with me at my own city property for an evening of discussion. I'll do all the work; I just want to make sure I am on the right track and net work with people in my area who have done this already.

I live in Shelton, Wa. USA, yeah, I'm a Yank.

Eric

6. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Well I live in West Oz and Im A citizen of Earth..Come to my place 8) 8) 8)

Tezza

7. Richard on Maui

Richard on Maui Junior Member

G'day Eric, it sounds like you are looking for the services of a Permaculture Design Consultant.
    Uh, there is probably some kind of directory of such people, perhaps compiled by the Permaculture Institute of North America... which is based somewhere in New Mexico I think. https://www.ibiblio.org/spittman/
    unfortunately their list isn't published on that site, but an email might bring up someone...
    There is a pretty smart guy that posts here from time to time called Rich, he posts as Mossback Farm. He is up in Oregon somewhere. I think he does some consultancy work. https://www.mossbackfarm.com/journal/landscape.html Wait, he says there that he is not doing this stuff for a while. :oops: But maybe he knows someone who does...
    Then there is "Sue in WA" who is also a smart cookie, but as Tez noted recently, she hasn't been about much lately. Is there someone else from Washington state who has been in here lately? Seems like there was someone...
    Maybe the others are right and you should just do a course! :lol:
    Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

8. christopher

christopher Junior Member

Hi Eric,

My advice would be to take a PDC! A PDC will arm you with a tool belt to do very ibtelligent design on your property. I took one 14 years ago, and my farm has benefitted siginifcantly. it was a life/paradigm shfting event, in retrospect.

And, incidentally, Larry Sontoyo will be teaching one at Maya Mountain Research Farm in Belize (where I live, hahahaha) in February 2007 with Toby Hemenway. First person to sign up for the course gets a tee shirt!

We would love to have you!

Christopher