Permaculture travel - Permaculture travel

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by Sharon, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Sharon

Sharon New Member

Hi,
    I am currently working as a volunteer at a Permaculture site in England. In October I am going travelling, so far to Australia, South Asia.... It was mentioned to me last night that a good way to combine my travel would be by being a volunteer on various permaculture/conservation sites. Have you got and tips or ideas where I could start on this?

Thanks
    Sharon ([email protected])

2. millefleurs

millefleurs Junior Member

3. Chook Nut

Chook Nut Junior Member

Hi Sharon,

If you want to come to Qld, i can give you a couple of places well worth visiting.

Jade Woodhouse and her husband Paul have by far the best Permaculture farm i have ever seen.... a place i would never tire of visiting or getting inspiration .... she has a website https://www.simplynaturalorganic.com where she allows WOOFERS as mentioned by Mille can come and stay at her farm.... you won't be dissappointed even thought your climate may not be the same its worthwhile to consider.

In Brisbane you may wish to consider visiting the Northey Street City Farm... they also have their own website of which this forum has a link. Ten acres of council land granted to work projects and every Saturday has a good Organic Markets. This sounds similar to the project you may be working on in England.

Many other Aussie permie websites can be found at https://www.permacultureinternational.org/globald....tes.htm

If you get hard up with accommodation... my wife and i have an open door policy for visitors.... just contact us if you like!

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Dave