Permaculture Project in the Pyrenees

Discussion in 'Jobs, projects, courses, training, WWOOFing, volun' started by crusoe, Jan 16, 2008.

1. crusoe

crusoe New Member

Hi, I picked up some land and ruins for a song in the French Pyrenees; it's a fantastic spot for a project. Unfortunately, a song was all I had. So here we our (me, my partner & our kids) in need of either money (unlikely to happen fast); people or both. I know this is predominantly an Australian board, but I'm putting out the feelers for people who might want to be part of something long term. I have in mind to start an eco-hamlet project on the 15 hectares here & I certainly don't want to play the autocrat; on our own I don't think we can do much but survive.... what this place needs is a community. If you are interested or know anyone who might be interested; if you have any positive ideas about how I might find people to come here then please, please reply to this thread.
    I'm so desperate I'd even take Australians! :wink:

2. sophie

sophie Guest

hello,

i have a friend who is interested in your idea, currently living in wales. can you pm me with an email address? also i'd be interested to hear how your idea is developing, even if it is just theory at this stage,

thanks,
    sophie

3. Del66

Del66 New Member

Re: Permaculture Project in the Pyrenees

Hi Crusoe,

A friend has just pointed me in the direction of your post and plea. I'm planning to move out to the Pyrenees in the next few months, but other than a 4x4 and a caravan I'll be homeless for a while and would love to help you set something up. I can turn my hand to pretty much anything building and renovation wise and your project sounds like just the kind of thing I'd like to be involved in. I'm actually flying out there on 09 October for four days so if you're around maybe we could meet up and discuss plans and ideas etc.

All the best

Del

4. bikemick

bikemick New Member

Re: Permaculture Project in the Pyrenees

Hi Crusoe,

I'm not planning to move to the Pyrenees anytime soon but am going to be doing a bicycle tour of permaculture properties in France and Spain in July-August 09 and would love to drop in a give you a few days of volunteer work.

Cheers
    bikemick

5. marychris

marychris New Member

hey cruscoe! well i hope since it is 4 years later everything went smoothly and you had many happy people to help you on your way. Im a bit late : ) im really interested in buying some land, either in the french or spanish pyrennes. I live in the UK so at this stage i have only had the internet to help me find any info on it, where i came accross your ad. Ive been long interested in permaculture principles and would one day be self sufficent on the land and co-live in a community of like minded people. Would you have information on any existing communities that welcome new people, or any websites or agencies i could look for sufficient land. Do you know the price ranges for land there, I know it all depends on different factors but a general idea. Any help would be much appreciated and I hope you and your family are doing well and enjoying your new home....much love mary chris x

6. Pinkeltje

Pinkeltje New Member

Permacultur, Spanish Pyrenees, Community

Dear ones,
    What a brave & wise thing to do! Thanks al lot for sharing your experiences! I have respect for the hard work and persistence you must all have been going true, along with happiness and wellbeing that must have come along with it also. I'm just starting to entertain similar ideas on this subject witch I trust will be realized within three years from now (the sooner the better) and therefore I am glad being able to read your threat.

I'm focussing on the Spanish Pyrenees and will be joining a existing group or will start one myself with the help of others. Therefore I’m looking for equal minded people witch goal it is to live simply off the land (permaculture and other enlightened agricultural methods), to be self supporting on electrical power and water, learn to live together and how to grow and evolve spiritually, characterised by equality, openness, transparency, love, respect, commitment, safety and supporting each other through thick and thin. To give what the group needs, not necessarily what one would love to do most, and be nourished by all the group has to give. Nice words to contemplate while performing hard labour!
    It may be simular in one way or another to your own project. As you see I am looking for a place on the Spanish side, but who knows what is going to happen and I may end on the French side!

Blessings,
    Richard from Zeeland (The Netherlands)

7. Wes1

Wes1 New Member

Ready, willing and able

Hello all.
    My wife and I are looking to join or set up a Permaculture paradise in the Spanish Pyrenees.
    We have not found anywhere suitable yet but are ready, able and willing to go for it as soon as we find something.
    If anybody has any offers or ideas or would consider joining us or us joining them then I'd be keen to strike up a conversation.
    I look forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best of luck with your dreams, ideas and projects.
    Namaste.
    Wes