Permaculture Noosa, Southeast Queensland

Discussion in 'Permaculture Groups, Contacts Activities Anounceme' started by Michaelangelica, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

Permaculture Noosa, a group of Permaculturists in Southeast Queensland. Permaculture Noosa was founded in 1995 by Geoff Lawton, the director of the Permaculture Research Institute in The Channon, Australia. Permaculture Noosa holds a monthly gathering the third Thursday of each month in the town of Noosa, open to everyone. About 60 to 70 of the 120 members attend the monthly gatherings.

A typical gathering includes a market with a recycling area and free stalls for farm stales, and a Q&A table for information exchange. A guest speaker is usually followed by talks given by members, usually with a plant profile. Recent topics have included soil and water heath, seed-saving, and homemade gray-water systems.

Permaculture Noosa maintains a library and an educational trailer sponsored by a local government grant. They offer a weekend introduction to Permaculture course taught several times each year. The groups also organize “work bee” events, which they call PET (Permaculture Energy Transfer), held each month at a member’s property.

For further Permaculture details: https://www.users.bigpond.com/
    brookman/aboutPC.html

2. permasculptor

permasculptor Junior Member

Re: Permaculture Noosa, Southeast Queensland

ahh!The hub of my mandala town.
    The meetings are at Cooroy .Thanks to Geoff for this website and the permaculture noosa group its been a great ride.
    https://permaculturenoosa.com.au/
    The support I have been given and the people I have been inspired by and the knowledge I have gained has been unbelievable. I sometimes wonder about the serendipitous nature of things around us there is a link between me and you and them I dont mean of the .com kind
    While I,m at it thanks to all the moderators and participants.I'm in a specially good mood because I caught a 3.5 kg mangrove jack in the Noosa river last night.

3. Michaelangelica

Michaelangelica Junior Member

How's the weather?
    I hear you have been getting a spot of rain?

4. permasculptor

permasculptor Junior Member

a spot is about all we got here further south west got hammered.