Permaculture mind map library/database

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by our eden, Oct 11, 2009.

1. our eden

our eden Junior Member

Home Page:
    Climate:
    Warm Mediterranean
    I've been scouring the whole web for a place to view and share permaculture related mind maps and I could not find one so here goes I'll make one. Mind maps are a great way to build a database of information. They are easily accessible and updateable so they can constantly evolve as more people contribute their knowledge. Here is an example i found of a good mind map on an apple tree. https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Uuozp63JaEQ/SeSUKwGoBhI/AAAAAAAAAAM/6fmb5zwnr7o/s1600/Apple+mind+map.jpg

I am also in the process of creating a mind map for a poultry forage system which I will post on this forum. Please upload your own mind maps to this forum as an mm file not just an image so that others can download it, update it and post it back or simply take it as a template for their own projects. Knowledge is better shared, who knows what we can create together.

If you have never come mind maps and don't know what they are, here is great page https://permaculture.wikia.com/wiki/Mind_map it describes how they work and their application in permaculture.
    Also if you are looking free mind mapping software, i really recommend Freemind, you can download it here, https://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Download

Enjoy

2. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Re: Permaculture mind map library/database

Can you explain what a mind map is? It's not a term that I know.

3. purplepear

purplepear Junior Member

Farm manager/ educator
    Home Page:
    Climate:
    warm temperate - some frost - changing every year

Hi eco - you could search "de bono" for the answer. I teach it as part of the PDC and problem solving but still struggle with a definitive answer.
    kind regards

4. sbrokvam

sbrokvam Junior Member

One tool you may want to consider in this respect is MindMeister, an online collaborative mindmap tool, i.e. your mindmap becomes a bit like a wiki as you can have as many collaborators as you wish. If I recall correctly, this works by invitation only., so as author you can control who gets editing rights. This gets even more interesting if you're online at the same time as a few others discussing via multiway skype call and editing the mindmap at the same time (I have tried this for work purposes before, and it's quite effective).

Ståle

5. our eden

our eden Junior Member

Home Page:
    Climate:
    Warm Mediterranean

yes i checked out mindmeister but it only had a 3 mind maps limit for free and then you had to pay :( . but i have found another online collaborative mindmap tool called mind42.com, and i have published my permaculture poultry forage system on there, if any of you would like to work on it with me, as you, Sbrokvam said it works by invitation only, so you need to give me you emails and i'll invite you.
    heres a link to view the mindmaphttps://mind42.com/pub/mindmap?mid=47a2a2eb-b887-43a9-87ee-3f9972b1ef76
    Please add to it.
    Josh

6. Grahame

Grahame Senior Member

I've only briefly had a look at what Google Wave might be like - it is the new next big thing in on-line communication supposedly - from what I saw I am thinking this might be exactly the sort of thing you will be able to do well with it. It might even be worth contacting Google via the Google Wave page and registering your interest as a tester. This might be the sort of thing they would be interested in testing.