Permaculture Medina Sidonia, Cadiz Spain

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself Here' started by Salamandra, May 15, 2014.

1. Salamandra

Salamandra Junior Member

Hello, total novice and starting out. We are moving down and currently negotiating a finca. Have done loads of reading but need to dig my fingers into the earth!!!!! There was no point doing a course until we have the land to work on and design! Kerry

2. eco4560

eco4560 New Member

Where on the green and blue globe are you located Kerry? What is the land you are negotiating like?

3. Salamandra

Salamandra Junior Member

recommended reading?

Hi. We are moving from Madrid, Spain to SW Spain, Cadiz and a town called Medina Sidonia. So we have a double whammy of newbi ignorance and the fact that we are not starting in an area where we have got to know other adventurers that we can chat too! And there is a complete lack of resource books in libraries here. So we are researching on the web but being completely swamped with excess info!We hope to start on our own land as of July but sincerely I can't wait even if we have to go into a rental because. This plot falls through. So we have decided to start getting informed about what we know we will have to do regardless of what property. Compost loo!I have done lots of general permaculture reading but actually getting your hands into the nitty gritty we are lacking alos all the other skills like carpentry, cob building, 12V electrical systems. And any other area anyone can tell us we are going to need which is not related to soil and livestock!I found the link to the hunmanure ebook via this forum which is great.But feel as though I need a basic list of recommended reading because I cant look inside these books before I buy them and it may turn out to be a very expensive business that way! The plot we are negotiating faces WSW on a hill, 2 hectares. Not too much of a slope but certainly will need gradual land work to improve it and get swales in. I saw another newbi opened a post so should join that to see who can hold our hand there too!Any advice gratefully received. Thank you. I feel even more inept as cannot get the paragraphs in via the phone connection let alone icons! Apologies!