Permaculture "How-To" Video

Discussion in 'Designing, building, making and powering your life' started by Scott A. Meister, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Scott A. Meister

Scott A. Meister Junior Member

2. DJ-Studd

DJ-Studd Junior Member

Re: Permaculture "How-To" Video

Hi Scott,
    very good video, although the quality is a little too low.

Cheers

3. Scott A. Meister

Scott A. Meister Junior Member

Thanks, I wish I could get better quality video onto YouTube...but I have to compress the video a lot to get it on there. I have a higher quality version...just need to figure out how to get it on there. Will do my best. Thanks for watching!

-Scott

4. DJ-Studd

DJ-Studd Junior Member

No probs. Yes, I was refering to the quality of the video, not the content :lol:

You've structured the video very well, I look forward to watching more :D

5. Rubyrose

Rubyrose Guest

That is a great idea, I think I will incorporate it into my garden....
    Thanks for inspiring me!!!

6. ppp

ppp Junior Member

I think it's great to post videos to youtube and like to encourage others to do the things we enjoy and think are good for our world.
    BUT we've got to get the content right.

I have a couple of things, that I think are worth discussing here..
    1) sphagnum moss.. doesn't that come from already threatened bogg ecosystems? If this is right, I don't think ANYONE, let alone a permaculturalist should be encouraging this descruction.
    2) does it have to be that complicated? - I understand that the more layers and diversity the better, but I counted 9 layers! Dead leaves, Soil , more leazves, "well aged compost", sphagnum moss, straw, cow manure, straw, "thermophylic compst".. I'm not too upset about this one, just thought I'd ask!
    3) "thermophylic compst" - I don't think many people out there are goign to know what you mean.. (yes, I know now after googling it)

great video, my last two points really, are just about removing anything that could be "scary" to a beginner, and keeping it simple to encourage as many people as possible.
    I love the discussion of creating the micro habitats, different zones for plants that like it moist and dry etc.

PPP