Permaculture groups in Canberra Australia.

Discussion in 'Planting, growing, nurturing Plants' started by Fee, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Fee

Fee Junior Member

I would like to start a permaculture interest/action group in Canberra. Since moving here from Sydney I have not been so involved in permaculture networks. I have been trying to fathom growing food at home in the climate! I would be very interested if there are folks involved / interested in the A.C.T. so we can get something started, if it is not already.

2. AmandaM

AmandaM Junior Member

Permaculture groups in Canberra Australia

Hi Fee,

I live in the Canberra region (Captain's Flat) and commute every (week) day into Canberra. We purchased a 530 acre property a little under 12 months ago that we intend to convert to organic production over the next few years. I would be very interested in participating in a permaculture group, as I am quite bewildered by some of what I have read in the the introduction to Permaculture book, so much so that I have not purchased the more advanced texts and have considered retaining a permaculture consultant instead of trying to design it myself.

regards,

Amanda

3. organic_inigma

organic_inigma New Member

Pc groups in the ACT

Hi Fee and Amanda,

I'd be interested in establishing/ being a part of a group if it is possible. I'd like to get some vegies or pc projects going? Would love to discuss things further with you both...

thanks,

Josh

4. AmandaM

AmandaM Junior Member

We'd certainly be pleased to have you join us Josh. We are in the process of trying to contact a group that is or possibly was operating in Canberra, but their telephone details are out of date, so Fee has posted them a letter and we are waiting to see if we get a reply.

Will keep you posted, if they are no longer operational we will start something ourselves and we would love to hear from others in the region who are similarly inclined.

Amanda

5. sharonc

sharonc New Member

Hi Amanda, Josh and Fee,
    I think the group you were looking for may be defunct-was it the one which Dave Tooley organised? if so he is down our way now, bega about 2 1/2 hours from you down south.
    we have a pretty strong netwrok down here and run Intro adn PDC courses.
    Givem me a yell if you want more info.
    regards
    Sharon C

6. Fee

Fee Junior Member

Many thanks Sharon,
    We have had the offer of a space to meet in at the ANU. David's experience / comments on this would be appreciated. Was it a safe, warm meeting space?

Cheers

7. organic_inigma

organic_inigma New Member

Permies in the ACT

Hi Fee and Amanda,

Did you recieve my email? Tried to send you both a personal message on 24/4 I think, via this site but Im not sure if it got through.

Im interested in meeting with a few others and learning about PACT and how to get things going again i.e possible courses of action.

Fee, were you a member of a network in Sydney? I don't know much of what's going on there.

My email is [email protected]. Please contact me as I'd love if we could arrange a meeting.

8. angandmatt

angandmatt New Member

Hi,
    also interested in joining, let me know when/where you guys plan on meeting.
    I am a Horticulturalist and also doing a PDC by correspondance, and want to absorb as much knowledge as possible
    :)

9. Tezza

Tezza Junior Member

Correspondence Courses

Hi there can you give any details re your correspondence course please........Who with. Any good etc etc.
    Thanx Tezza